Assistant Athletic Trainer
Emporia State University is currently seeking applications for an Assistant Athletic Trainer to join our Sports Medicine team in Emporia, Kansas. ESU is home to 15 sports programs that compete in the Mid-American Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) conference, and is consistently rated among the top one-third of athletic programs in the NCAA Division II. Fully staffed, ESU’s Sports Medicine team consists of 3 Full-time ATCs and 3 GA ATCs.
- Provide athletic training services for the intercollegiate athletic program including home and away team coverage
- Manage the operations of the athletic training rooms
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate student assistants in our accredited athletic training program
- Communicate policies to student athletes and coaches
- Manage medical insurance claims
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- NATA-BOC certification
- Eligible for athletic trainer registration in Kansas
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to interact with a variety of athletes, coaches, and public in the higher education environment
Screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Upload a letter of application, resume, and contact information for three to five references at https://bit.ly/34ywlFQ. A background check is required.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.