Dean of Academic Affairs for Education, Public/Human Service, Library (MnSCU Administrator 6)
Minneapolis College is seeking a Dean of Academic Affairs in the MnSCU Administrator 6 classification. The individual in this position provides leadership, direction and administrative support to the School of Education and Public & Human Service, college library operations, the Academic Success Center ACS), and credit for prior learning. Priority Application Deadline: June 14, 2021. OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Salary: $80,858 – $129,377 annually. Benefits: the State of Minnesota offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees. For more information, visit http://mn.gov/mmb/segip/benefits
Included in the Dean’s Portfolio:
- School of Education and Public & Human
Early Childhood Development
Library Information Technology
Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement
- Academic Success Center (ASC)
- Library Operations
- Credit for Prior Learning
The individual in this position participates as part of a team to provide an innovative climate for programs targeted at career and technical education, adult education, community outreach and other educational training needs of the community.
The dean develops annual strategic planning objectives, performance standards, and evaluative criteria with appropriate staff, providing direction, leadership, and support for ongoing curriculum review and development, facilitating the development, implementation, and review of instructional and non-instructional programs in the dean’s portfolio. This position develops strategies to increase student success in assigned areas, determines instructional course offerings and monitors enrollments in all assigned areas to promote fiscal integrity. The dean is responsible for developing semester and annual schedules with faculty coordinators and the other academic deans, and recommending instructional and non-instructional personnel, space, and other resource needs. This position ensures that Minneapolis College’s commitment to diversity is reflected in staffing and in the content of the instructional programs and courses.
- Master’s degree in related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years of related experience in education or higher education.
- Knowledge of innovative programs and pedagogy designed to serve diverse and nontraditional and adult students.
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to assessment of prior student learning.
- Ability to organize time and diverse tasks, to write clearly, to conduct meetings, to direct others, and to follow up on tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated skill in working effectively with personnel conflicts and concerns.
- Experience in developing and administering budgets.
- Doctoral degree in related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Demonstrated success in promoting the values of shared governance and participatory management.
- Knowledge of community and technical college organization, curriculum, goals, vision, system regulations and contracts, fiscal regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated and proven record for accurately assessing emerging college, business and community needs for the purpose of cost-effective program development and implementation.
- Demonstrated skill in executing projects effectively.
APPLY ONLINE BY JUNE 14, 2021 PRIORITY REVIEW DEADLINE. OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Select this job posted on https://minneapolistech.peopleadmin.com/ and click Apply for this Job to create an account and apply online. Include cover letter, cv or resume, and unofficial copies of relevant transcripts. Applicants will be asked to provide contact information for four (4) references, including two (2) managers, who can directly address your qualifications for this position.
Salary range for MnSCU Administrator 6 classification is currently $80,858 – $129,377 annually. Salary is commensurate with experience and education and in accordance with the 2019-2021 Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Personnel Plan for Administrators.
The State of Minnesota offers an excellent benefits package for
For more information, visit http://mn.gov/mmb/segip/benefits.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Retirement Plans, including defined benefit and 401(a) defined contribution
- Optional 457(b) and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plans
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Waiver for employees and dependents
About Minneapolis College:
Minneapolis College is one of the largest and most diverse two-year colleges in Minnesota, serving approximately 10,000 students annually in credit and noncredit programs. The college enrolls 57% students of color. As a comprehensive public community and technical college, Minneapolis College offers more than 100 credentials in liberal arts and career and technical programs. The college has strong ties to corporate and industry partners that help fund student scholarships, provide state-of-the-art training and equipment, and offer internship and employment opportunities to the college’s graduates.
Minneapolis College is located downtown with easy access to jobs, internships, city life, restaurants, entertainment venues and cultural activities just steps away. The Twin Cities is also home to a population of more than three million people and has one of the highest concentrations of corporate headquarters of any metropolitan area in the country. The region consistently ranks high in quality-of-life surveys, with a relatively low cost of living and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities.
Minneapolis College is a member of the Minnesota State colleges and universities system. Minnesota State is the third largest system of state colleges and universities in the United States and the largest in the state with 30 colleges, 7 universities, and 54 campuses.
Minneapolis College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and educator, and encourages application from underrepresented groups. Recognized as a Beyond the Yellow Ribbon (BYR) employer. A member of the Minnesota State colleges and universities system.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Minneapolis
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Minneapolis