Athletics Program Assistant
Athletics Program Assistant
Posting Number: R0003614
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
The Athletic Program Assistant is a member of the Department of Athletics with primary responsibilities for the management of departmental budget activity and coordination of game management operations. Position includes an emphasis on creativity, customer service and positive communication skills. Work involves a wide variety of situations as the incumbent performs complex duties and responsibilities in the university's athletic efforts. Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to exchange information with others both inside and outside the university and may have a significant impact upon the university's reputation and operations. Supervises student staff, as appropriate.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
●Provides administrative support to the Athletics Director, Associate Director and Assistant Director. Includes assisting with correspondence, reports and special projects and events.
●Requires ability to work independently and prioritize workload to meet varying schedules.
● Serves as office manager/receptionist. Includes, but is not limited to the following: answers main Athletics phone line, greets visitors, provides information to the public and Willamette University community; maintains office supply inventory; receives and sorts mail; assists staff with coordination of large mailings, places catering orders for meetings.
● Coordinates all ticket operations, including season tickets.
● Responsible for hiring, scheduling, and supervising all athletic department student staff. Coordinates all game management assignments and procedures.
●Ensures that staff who are working events have the necessary training and equipment to do an effective job.
● Manages concessions operations, including procuring product, supervising student workers, cash handling.
● Assists with facility scheduling and coordination of facility rentals.
● Processes gift payments to Donor Relations.
● Assist Associate Athletics Director in gathering information for the Sport Sponsorship and EADA reports.
●Safeguards the confidentiality of departmental or office administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students and staff, and handling departmental records and files and other such confidential materials.
● Serves on various committees on behalf of the department.
● Assists with processing deposits and invoices to Accounting.
● Assists with maintenance of departmental accounting entries and budget reconciliations.
● Additional administrative responsibilities and duties will be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Any combination of education, training or experiences that provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions.
● Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty, students, alumni, parents.
● Must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University.
● Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate instructions pertaining to athletic matters in an athletic coaching setting.
● Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions of the position.
● Knowledge of and ability to use computers and a variety of software applications. Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the university and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
● Must possess a current driver's license valid in the state of Oregon or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire date and satisfactory driving record insurable by the university's insurer.
● Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
● Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion best practices.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent with experience in an athletic environment.
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm is typical. Occasional need for weekend work.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS: Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to, regular standing, sitting, and being mobile; frequent walking, running, and reaching; occasional throwing, pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying weights up to 100 lbs.; continual talking and hearing both in person and on the telephone; frequent keyboarding; regular seeing; and all other activities required to perform essential functions.
Salary Range: $18.50/hour
Review of applications will begin June 14, with the role remaining open until filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Typical work schedule:
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Athletics-Program-Assistant_R0003614
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.