Associate Vice President for Accounts
Credo seeks a dynamic, strategic, goal-oriented leader to oversee Credo’s sales and account management work. The individual in this role will have a passion for and deep knowledge of higher education, a learning mindset, and an entrepreneurial approach. The AVP for Accounts will, in this newly-created role, contribute significantly to the development and success of a new division of sales at an established organization. This position reports to the Executive Vice President, partners closely with the Associate Vice President for Marketing, and serves as a part of the External Relations Team; and will supervises all future sales team members.
This position will evolve over the course of its first three years. The individual joining Credo in this role will spend a learning and building year, with 75% time in sales (learning Credo’s products and selling processes) and 25% in management/leadership (building new structures for sales success). In Years 2 and 3, as the sales team grows, the split will move toward 50% sales (opportunity management to close) and 50% management/leadership.
- Engage in consultative sales conversations with campus leaders to identify needs, match appropriate and impactful solutions to those needs, and present a compelling case for partnership with Credo.
- Cultivate client relationships through timely, effective, relationship-rooted verbal and written communication.
- Support scale and profitability of the firm by professionalizing Credo’s sales function and account management work.
- Contribute significantly to the strategic, ongoing development of Credo’s sales and accounts management engine.
- Lead and empower a new and growing team of accounts professionals.
- Lead up across the organization to senior sellers, ensuring alignment to our selling process and consistency across strategies.
- Drive accountability to revenue goals set in the annual business plan through sales forecasting and appropriate reporting.
- Ensure marketplace and service knowledge across future direct-report sellers and account engagement associates.
- Partner internally with Marketing to ensure effective lead nurturing, support funnel-building efforts, and identify impactful relationship network opportunities.
- Partner internally with Operations and Consulting Divisions to effectively align sales to firm-wide systems and processes, contributing to the evolution of those systems and processes as needed.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in university advancement or enrollment (preferred), another campus-based functional area, or higher-ed affiliated business in a Director-level or higher position.
- Minimum of two years supervisory/ team leadership experience.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Exceptional ability to navigate complex conversations with campus leaders.
- Exceptional ability to listen deeply and summarize/synthesize information.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent detail management skills.
- Ability to manage rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a variety of team members and projects.
- Enthusiasm and openness for supporting a motivated, growing team engaged in evolving processes.
Desired familiarity with or ability to learn:
- Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Sales concepts through funnel or moves management experience.
Office-based work is an option, and this position is also open to candidates looking to be based out of a home office. The individual in this role has two options for structure of work:
- Hybrid: Residing within an hour’s proximity of Credo’s North Carolina headquarters just to the east of Greensboro, NC, working from home and from the office as desired through a self-managed schedule.
- Remote: Residing anywhere in the contiguous U.S. and working from home full time, with the ability and willingness to travel to the North Carolina office for team gatherings as needed.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Associate Vice President for Accounts
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly