Events and Campus Visits Manager (PRN26270B)
Nestled between the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains and Salt Lake City, the state’s capitol, the University of Utah is the state’s public flagship institution and a top-tier research university classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the 131 research universities with the “highest research activity” in the nation. The “U” is a PAC-12 institution with a total enrollment over 33,000 and an undergraduate enrollment over 24,500. The U is committed to providing an exceptional academic and co-curricular experience for students and community engagement.
The Office of Admissions is a dynamic and growing organization committed to assisting future students learn about and enroll at the University of Utah. We are looking for passionate team members to help us expand our recruitment reach in- and out-of-state, continue to increase our new student enrollment, and shape the entering class.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Campus Experience, the
Events and Campus Visits Manager is responsible for various events
and services provided by the Office of Admissions to identify,
recruit, and enroll new students to the University of Utah. This
position works in a team setting to assist in the development,
implementation, and assessment of a variety of different activities
including in-person events on- and off-campus, virtual events,
various types of campus tours, and more. The Events and Campus
Visits Manager will also assist with the management of the
Ambassadors, who provide campus tours and staff events. This is a campus-based position located in the Emma Eccles Jones Welcome Center in the Carolyn and Kem Gardner Commons building, a state-of-the-art facility in the heart of campus.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN26270B - 00295 - Office of Admissions
COMPENSATION: $36,000 - $40,000/year DOE
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
1. Plan and coordinate all aspects for both in-person and
virtual recruitment and yield events for prospective students and
their guests including but not limited to goal setting, vendor
collaboration, travel and venue coordination, event registration,
event marketing and communication, staffing, ensuring excellent
customer service, training, determining safety protocols, event
equipment and supplies, and event data analysis.
2. Assist in maintaining a system of detailed event management information (event plans and schedules, budgets, contacts, post event analyses, timelines, etc.) to maintain quality and consistency of work and monitor the status of events, projects, and assignments.
3. Assist with daily, group, and VIPcampus tour services, which includes but is not limited to setting up web-based guest registration process, solving various tour-related problems that arise, exhibit excellent customer service, training, staffing, and survey creation/utilization/analysis.
4. Represent the Office of Admissions at meetings and events. Build and maintain professional working relationships with campus partners, vendors, and other stakeholders. Work collaboratively with other units, as appropriate, to support student services, enrollment, and retention at the university.
5. In collaboration with marketing and communications team, contribute to and ensure the timely production of all printed and electronic campus visit and event marketing, communications and collateral including brochures, web pages, emails, and text messages to increase the office’s visibility and increase campus visit and event attendance.
6. Position will be expected to develop event budgets congruent with the Office of Admissions recruitment strategies/goals. Be able to justify expenditures with appropriate documentation, as well as research, identify, and propose cost savings measures. Monitors purchases to ensure compliance or all University fiscal policies, oversees billing accuracy and coordinates timely processing of all invoices.
7. Provide, support, and serve as back up for other areas within the Campus Experience team as need arises.
8. Some evening and weekend work required. Moderate physical activity required.
9. Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two years of related experience or equivalency. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
PREFERENCES: Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated problem-solving and time-management skills; and data analysis skills. Able to work independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with culturally and ethnically diverse populations and communicate complex information to multiple audiences. Experience with setting up event marketing campaigns and writing event communications for different media. Possess a valid driver’s license and could be available to travel to off campus events. Experience using web-based platforms such as Slate by Technosolutions, WhenToWork, PlatformQ, Zoom, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/115722
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.