Faculty Positions in Biomedical Sciences- Departments of Basic and Clinical Sciences
Faculty Positions in Biomedical Sciences- Departments of Basic and Clinical Sciences - California Northstate University College of Medicine, Elk Grove, California, USA
Title: Assistant/Associate Professor
Classification: Faculty; 1.0 FTE Full Time, Exempt
Supervisor: Chairs, Department of Basic and Clinical Sciences
Education: MD, PhD, or Equivalent
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Departments of Basic and Clinical Sciences at the California Northstate University invites applications for full-time faculty positions in Biomedical Sciences including:
Human Anatomy including experience in cadaver laboratory.
These positions participate and assist the Department Chairs and faculty colleagues in the planning, directing, and implementation of the college of medicine programs and assist in the development and teaching of curricula that integrates the different specialty areas. The positions will serve the academic mission of the Departments in teaching medical students, performing scholarly activities, and providing institutional service. In addition, other responsibilities may include student advising, student recruitment, retention, and placement efforts.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach first and second year medical students, participate in the interdisciplinary Biomedical Research graduate program, develop and maintain an extramurally funded research program, and contribute to the service activities of the departments. The Department of Basic Sciences provides an open-policy Laboratory space where Faculty members share several common equipment including PCR machines, microplate readers, imaging system, Flow cytometry, separate tissue culture rooms with incubators and Biosafety level 2 cabinets, cryofreezing and -80 and -20 freezers.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (e.g., with students, faculty, etc.)
- Commitment to professional excellence
- Terminal degree (PhD, MD, MD/PhD, DO, SeD, etc.)
- Experience in teaching Systems at the medical school level will be strongly preferred.
- Experience in teaching in an integrated curriculum will be preferred
- Ability to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary environment
- A history of exceptional scholarly, professional and/or individual achievement
CNUCOM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. CNUCOM also encourages applications from women and veterans.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For full consideration, candidates should provide curriculum vitae/resume with at least three references. All candidates are asked to provide a cover letter, articulating how their knowledge, experience, and beliefs have prepared them to function in support of California Northstate University's vision and mission statements.
Please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of references, and any additional information to the HR Department. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled.
California Northstate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. For inquiries, please contact us by email or telephone: (916) 686-7400.
Apply for Faculty Positions in Biomedical Sciences- Departments of Basic and Clinical Sciences
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elk Grove
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elk Grove
- Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elk Grove
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Elk Grove