Clinical Assistant Professor & Clinic Director ~ CSD
Nazareth College, an independent, comprehensive institution with 2300 undergraduate and 700 graduate students, prepares its graduates to serve local and global communities through a wide range of liberal arts and professional programs. Nazareth seeks to hire faculty and staff with a demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence, student success, and civic engagement, and an understanding of the educational benefits and importance of diversity, equity and inclusion as articulated in our Diversity Statement. The college is located minutes from downtown Rochester, New York, a city noted for its rich arts and cultural community and its international businesses and industry. Applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Communication Sciences and Disorders Department invites
applications for a full-time Clinical Assistant Professor who will
serve as the Clinic Director. The position begins in August 2021.
The Clinic Director plans, coordinates and supervises those general
activities that pertain to the functioning of the Nazareth College
Speech and Language Clinic. Teaching during the year is a
requirement, with at least one course in the fall semester, one
course in the spring semester, and one course in the summer. The
clinic director assumes other departmental duties such as
departmental committee work and attendance at department meetings,
as assigned by the Department chairperson. The CSD Department
strongly supports the College’s commitment to diversity and
inclusion. Prior experience and demonstrated success with diverse
communities, clients, and students is highly valued.
- Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology/Communication Disorders.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence-Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP).
- New York State License – Speech-Language Pathologist.
Required skills and abilities:
- Five years of clinical experience in the B-21 population
- Three years of clinical supervision
- Experience working as part of an Interprofessional team
- Teaching experience in a graduate SLP program
- Administrative experience
- NYS Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD/TSHH) professional/permanent certification