Senior Director of Advancement Services and Operations
Careers At Sidwell Friends School
Welcome to the Human Resources Department at Sidwell Friends School. Sidwell Friends prides itself in offering a high quality educational experience to those who will lead the next generation. To that end, we are seeking qualified individuals with the knowledge, skills and abilities to enhance the student experience at Sidwell Friends. We encourage you to review the job postings below and to contact us for additional information.
Senior Director of Advancement Services and Operations Department: Office of School Advancement Location: Washington, DC
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Senior Director of Advancement Services and Operations (SDASO) is a strategic leader on the Advancement team. Reporting to the Assistant Head of School for Advancement, the SDASO will work collaboratively with teammates to define, plan, and implement strategy to support and advance the philanthropic, stewardship, and constituent engagement goals of the Advancement Team and School.
The SDASO oversees the data management and analytics in The Raisers Edge. He/she provides a high degree of analytical skill coupled with strong communication to effectively collaborate with front-line fundraisers to achieve philanthropic goals. The SDADO will lead the interpretation and translation of complex data for the optimal use and benefit of front-line fundraisers. He/she will provide strategic direction to optimize opportunity and prioritize prospective donors for relationship management and collaborate with the Individual Giving Team on pipeline development and effective moves management. The SDASO has a demonstrated track record of adapting to and leveraging new technologies, creating interpreted reports and meeting deadlines, collaborating with colleagues to understand their functional goals and needs, and thriving in a fast-paced and data-driven environment.
The SDASO has oversight and responsibility for the management of the Institutional Advancement donor database (Raisers Edge NXT), data services, and operations including gift recording and acknowledgments, financial reconciliation, biographical data maintenance, prospect tracking, reporting, budget management, data insertion and extraction, list production for publication, and database software support. He/she will manage and provide mentorship to 2-3 reporting teammates, develop and sustain productive cross-functional relationships with colleagues to accomplish comprehensive cultivation, stewardship, and revenue goals,, serve as the primary liaison with the Finance Office to ensure timely and accurate charitable gift reconciliation, and serve as a key advisor to the Assistant Head of School for Advancement on strategic planning.
A Bachelors degree is required with five to seven years of management experience in advancement services, preferably in a higher-education or independent school setting. The successful candidate will have an understanding of fundraising, charitable giving, and have proven success in the implementation and the streamlining of processes to positively affect operational outcomes. Professionalism, discretion, and the ability to deal with confidential information are vital in this role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to develop strategy, provide direction and mentorship, and lead implementation of short and long-term plans.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Comfort and effectiveness translating between end-users needs and database output. Must be able to understand development and alumni officers needs so as to accurately translate their requests into effective queries and reports.
- Knowledge of charitable giving, applicable tax laws, the fund-raising process, and non-profit accounting.
- Skill in making presentations and training individuals in software applications.
- Demonstrated experience in managing constituent relationship management systems
- Excellent organizational ability and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively colleagues.
- Ability to self-motivate, work well with others and influence staff of all levels of seniority.
- Masters degree in a business-related field.
- Experience using The Raisers Edge NXT in a non-profit setting.
- Previous experience with system conversion responsibilities.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
Interested candidates should upload a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references via our online application.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.