Director, Richard U. Light Fell Program
Yale University, conveniently located between Boston and New York, offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Located in the heart of historic downtown New Haven with more than 100 local boutiques, national retailers, cafés, casual eateries, award-winning restaurants, and world-renowned theaters, galleries, and museums.
The Office of Fellowships and Funding in the Center for International and Professional Experience at Yale University is seeking a highly organized, student-focused individual with exceptional supervisory, communication, data management and stewardship skills to direct the Richard U. Light Fellowship Program (RUL) and advise on and manage competitions for other internal and national fellowships. Reporting to the Director of Fellowship Programs, and as part of a dynamic and creative fellowships team, the RUL Program Director will provide the overall vision for and management of this highly successful program now in its third decade of operation. The RUL Program supports the study of East Asian languages in approved programs in China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea for approx. 135 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students annually. The essential duties listed below are generic.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and five years of experience in a related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience and proven ability to manage teams of faculty and staff in order to build consensus and to implement projects on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and report on complex budgets. Extensive familiarity with a range of database, spreadsheet, word processing and Web design software packages.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in dealing with sensitive material. Ability to put skills and abilities to effective and creative use within a high demand, high profile working environment.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational ability, particularly editorial and writing skills.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Chinese, Japanese and/or Korean (both language and culture) and ability to travel to East Asia and domestic meetings three or four times a year.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Masters or Ph.D. with four years or more related experience in higher education administration, fellowship management or study/work abroad environment at the college level, or equivalent education/experience. Two yrs. or more experience studying, working, or researching in East Asia. Extensive experience managing information technology issues. Knowledge of Yale University a plus.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/YaleCareers-65850BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity,
rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the
country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting
opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our
benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of
insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and
educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive
recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Haven
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Haven
- Career Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Haven
- Financial Aid Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Haven