Director of Annual Giving
Director of Annual Giving
Wofford College seeks a Director of Annual Giving who will be responsible for providing leadership, strategy, executing, and evaluating a comprehensive plan for the continual growth of annual giving programs. Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President and Executive Director of Development, the Director of Annual Giving is the top annual giving position at Wofford and the leader will be charged with increasing philanthropic engagement across the board with all constituent groups. This position will supervise staff and provide appropriate leadership, coaching, and mentoring.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Segment prospect audiences for solicitation based on common/shared criteria
- Plan and implement a multi-channel (mail, phone, email, social media, face-to-face solicitation and other new and emerging methods/media) fundraising strategy for each segment
- Work with the marketing and communications staff to create concepts and construct messages that clearly articulate the case for support; Primary focus will be on The Wofford Fund with secondary focus on other unrestricted and temporarily restricted funds
- Create and monitor multi-year and annual solicitation calendars, work plans and budgets
- Collaborate with advancement staff to ensure reunion giving strategies and solicitations are in line with annual giving plans, goals, and objectives. Manage a portfolio of leadership annual giving prospects.
- Collaborate with the Director of Donor Relations on a donor recognition program and other broad-based donor stewardship including opportunities for engagement with institutional leadership and other donor groups.
- Monitor key fundraising program performance metrics, including donor acquisition rates, pledge fulfillment, donor retention rates, donor loyalty and donor development (upgrade) effectiveness.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of cultivation and solicitation activities. Oversee the tracking of giving and membership information in constituent database
- Perform other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned
A Bachelor's degree and minimally three years of experience in the annual giving and advancement fields is required for appointment.
Preference will be provided for individuals with strong familiarity with best practices in annual giving and demonstrated experience to strategically build a program and drive towards numerical goals with proven results. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with diverse constituencies and have excellent analytical and communication (oral, written, presentation) skills. Proven success in developing creative, revenue-producing fundraising appeals and experience in higher education and the liberal arts are very desired.
Application materials can be submitted electronically to DirectorGiving@Wofford.edu . Application materials include: (1) a letter of interest explaining how you meet the qualifications for this position, (2) a current resume, and (3) names and contact information for (minimally) 3 professional references. For assured consideration, application materials must be received no later than midnight, June 6, 2021.
Established in 1854, Wofford College is a four-year, residential liberal arts college located in Spartanburg, SC With a student body of 1,770 undergraduates and 27 major fields of study, it is recognized nationally for its robust academic program, outstanding faculty, study abroad participation, and successful graduates. Wofford is home to one of the nation’s 283 Phi Beta Kappa chapters; the community also enjoys Greek Life and 19 NCAA Division I athletic teams.
Wofford College values diversity within our students, faculty, and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Wofford College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy or childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation) sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
It is the policy of Wofford College to provide reasonable accommodations. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please reach out to HumanResources@Wofford.edu.
A background check will be conducted for finalist candidates. Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check and establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Wofford College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student, or applicant for admission on the basis of sex. Policies and procedures for addressing complaints of discrimination and harassment can be found at www.wofford.edu/titleix. Reports can be made to the Title IX Coordinator at any time. Inquiries related to the application of Title IX at Wofford should be referred to the college’s Title IX coordinator (contact information below) and external inquires can be made to the Department of Education.
Wofford College Title IX Coordinator External inquiry can be made to:
Amanda Estabrook Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
429 N Church St. U.S. Department of Education
Campus Life Building, Office 6 400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Spartanburg, SC 29303 Washington, D.C. 20202-1100
(864) 597-4047 (800) 421-3481
Apply for Director of Annual Giving
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly