Applied Economics, Faculty Program Coordinator / Lecturer or Sr. Lecturer
The Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) is a division of the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University (JHU). As the nation’s oldest and one of the most prestigious research universities, Johns Hopkins offers high-quality master’s degrees and post-baccalaureate education to students in the mid-Atlantic region and online. In addition to the online programs, AAP also offers master’s degrees and graduate certificate programs at its Washington, DC Center and at the Homewood campus in Baltimore, MD. AAP has approximately 18,000 enrollments each academic year. JHU is committed to hiring candidates who, through their teaching and service, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
The Advanced Academic Programs division seeks a Faculty Program Coordinator to teach in and provide administrative support to the Applied Economics program, established in 1997 and located in Washington, DC. Of particular interest are candidates who have experience teaching and engaging students from diverse backgrounds. The Faculty Program Coordinator is a full-time, non-tenure-track, 12-month renewable faculty position with the academic title of Lecturer or Senior Lecturer. The Faculty Program Coordinator will have significant interaction/collaboration with the established full-time faculty members in the program and will report to the Program Director of Applied Economics and to the Associate Dean of AAP. This position is expected to begin on or around July 1, with teaching to begin in the Fall 2021 semester. The Program Coordinator will have the following faculty and administrative responsibilities:
- Teach (in-person and online) 6 graduate courses per year, including the preparation for and time spent in the classroom (online or onsite), using best practices for online teaching, engaging and mentoring students from diverse backgrounds in the learning process, responding to student questions;
- Advise students;
- Provide input on the curriculum and new course development to ensure the delivery of quality programs;
- Other academic duties normally performed by full-time faculty, such as participating on committees or in other academic service.
- Assist in managing the Applied Economics program’s degree and certificate programs;
- Participate in adjunct faculty hiring and development;
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in economics;
- 1-3 years of online and/or graduate level teaching experience;
- The ability to teach a wide variety of economics courses.
- Ph.D. in economics;
- 4 or more years of online and/or graduate level teaching experience;
- 1-3 years of economics-related work experience, for example, government service or serving as a consultant with companies or for the government;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with competing demands and multiple deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience managing a degree or certificate program
The position will remain open until filled.
Candidates must submit the following:
- A cover letter, to include a list of the specific courses that we offer that you would be able to teach (for a list of our course offerings, go to https://advanced.jhu.edu/academics/graduate/ms-applied-economics/degree-details-and-courses/
- Curriculum vitae.
- 3 references and their contact information.
- Teaching Evaluations for the most recent two semesters.
- A written summary of your teaching evaluations
The Johns Hopkins University is committed to equal opportunity for its faculty, staff, and students. To that end, the university does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic. The university is committed to providing qualified individuals access to all academic and employment programs, benefits and activities on the basis of demonstrated ability, performance and merit without regard to personal factors that are irrelevant to the program involved.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Economics Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.