Web Designer 999769
Xavier University is part of a 500-year-old Jesuit, Catholic tradition of academic excellence and strong values, and is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
The Office of Marketing and Communications seeks applications for a motivated, forward-thinking web designer to assist in developing and maintaining Xavier’s digital presence across multiple platforms. Potential candidates should possess a positive attitude, demonstrated ability to function within a collaborative team, and a passion for online endeavors. The Office of Marketing and Communications strives to maintain a digital presence that leads the industry and provides all users a positive, efficient experience. The ideal candidate will possess the tools and experience to help further this goal.
The Ideal Candidate. . .
- Loves developing and maintaining websites of all varieties, using HTML and CSS.
- Has thorough knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, or other image editing applications.
- Is current on the latest industry trends and keeps up with new technologies.
- Understands mobile-first design concepts.
- Is familiar with multimedia and social media integration.
- Works well with others and has demonstrated experience in a collaborative environment.
- Is comfortable and thorough in supporting campus users as they develop and update their sites.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in digital design including website development Proven skills with mobile-first design practices
- Knowledge of responsive web frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
To ensure consideration, interested and qualified candidates must submit the following by June 13, 2021 on Xavier University's website:
- Submit a resume
- Cover letter about your interest
- Supply a link to a digital portfolio of your work
Salary is in the low to mid 50’s and based on experience. As an expression of its Jesuit Catholic mission, Xavier University maintains a comprehensive compensation program which recognizes the dignity of each person and is directed at attracting, retaining, and rewarding an accomplished and diverse faculty and staff. Xavier supports a total compensation program including salary and benefits like medical, tuition remission, retirement, vacation, professional development, and more.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.