Note Takers attend classes with students who have disabilities,
(i.e. visual or hearing impairments, learning or other
disabilities) to take thorough legible, and organized notes from
classroom lectures, including exam dates, assignments, and other
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Take notes in class for students with disabilities.
2. Read printed material aloud for students with visual
3. Transcribe for students with mobility impairments.
4. Assist students with visual impairments in math classes by
copying information from the board in large print.
5. Assist students who are visually impaired by using raised line
drawing materials to produce tactile graphs used in Math
6. Assist students with visual impairments in science labs by
providing verbal descriptions of visual information.
7. Serve as a proctor for students with disabilities during
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
1. High school diploma, or equivalent, with a minimum of one year
post-secondary educational experience.
2. Must possess an understanding of the basic issues pertinent to
communication with students who have disabilities.
3. Ability to take thorough and organized notes utilizing available
technology from information presented verbally in classrooms.
4. Must have legible hand writing, accurate spelling, use of
acceptable grammar, and proficiency in use of computers.
5. Must possess good organizational skills.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action