College Clerical Assistant II - Adult Education
COLLEGE CLERICAL ASSISTANT II – ADULT EDUCATION
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
The Adult Education Department of Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks a College Clerical Assistant II to perform a variety of routine clerical duties.
- Operates computer equipment utilizing word processing software to produce a variety of materials including exams, student handouts, faculty lists and handbooks, teacher program forms, narrative reports and general correspondence; maintains general office and college program files.
- Answers telephones, takes messages and transfers calls to appropriate personnel. Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Assists in reviewing time sheets and prepares attendance reports for payroll processing. Prepares purchase requisitions for supplies and equipment, reviews invoices and purchase orders to ensure correctness of charges and to verify delivery of ordered items.
- Provides information to student inquiries regarding registration, financial aid, departmental course offerings and policies.
- Maintains and updates student academic records, financial aid reports, registration forms and transcripts. Maintains and updates college course data and inputs student registration information.
- Graduation from high school supplemented by one year of clerical and keyboarding experience in an office setting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficient in PC desktop and related software programs. Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to keyboard 45 words per minute. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Skill in basic filing, record keeping and operation of a variety of office machines.
Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago