Truman Middle College Part-Time Instructor
PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR - ALTERNATIVE HIGH SCHOOL
TRUMAN MIDDLE COLLEGE
Truman Middle College (TMC) is an Alternative High School (AHS) within the Youth Connection Charter School Network, open to eligible youth between 17 to 21 years old. TMC aspires to empower students to rise above barriers in order to become successful college and career ready individuals. Students learn to advocate for themselves and overcome obstacles, working towards completing their high school diploma and applying their knowledge and learned skills to transition to higher education and fulfilling professions.
The PT instructor will be responsible for implementing instructional plans for the purpose of improving students’ proficiency in all core subjects. Courses may be pre-credit, high school, intensive assistance, or college preparatory.
- Implements courses and identifies and records targeted goals for students.
- Presents five, 50-minute lectures each day, directing students in specific concepts and principles, and promoting understanding of core content skills when the core content area teacher is out of the building.
- Tests and grades students’ skills, prepares and distributes report cards to students and parents, and directs students to complete specific forms that stipulate the students’ objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Math, Science, Social Studies or a related field supplemented by one to two years of related experience and/or training.
- Type 9 Teaching Certificate or Professional Educator License (PEL) required- Sub license will be accepted. Consideration will be given to candidates with charter school certification.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities needed for addressing concerns of students and the administration and resolving situations in a timely manner.
- Must be self-directed, innovative and committed to integrating new technologies in the learning process with the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- A basic understanding of the social dynamics of “at risk” students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required with the ability to interact effectively with students.
- Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse environment with the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!