PT CART Captioner I - II
PT CART Captioner I - II
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced PT CART Captioner I - II
Provide Computer Access Realtime Transcription (CART) to students in the class. Provide notes to students after class.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Through use of stenographic computer equipment, provide Realtime Captioning services for d/Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals that will facilitate communication in classroom settings and for college related activities.
- Transcribe all spoken material, as well as pertinent extraneous noises within the environment.
- Follow the NCRA (National Court Reporter Association) Code of Professional Conduct.
- Using textbooks and other resources from faculty, build Realtime Captioning dictionary(s) in order to effectively write classroom lecture, discussion and other content.
- Complete editing and uploading of class notes within twenty-four hours of the end of the assignment.
- Discuss with the student their preferred/appropriate seating arrangements.
- Use the Captioning Coordinator as a resource to help with problem solving as necessary.
- Report schedule changes, appropriateness of skill level for a particular class, faculty cooperation, course content or style, and feedback about the student's use of Captioner to the Captioning Coordinator.
- Adhere to the college and department policies and procedures.
- Participate in Captioning skill building activities and other professional development to continually improve/enhance current knowledge and skills related to Realtime Captioning.
- Attend and participate in annual in-service training sessions and workshops.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Ensure student and class information is secured on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
CART CAPTIONER I (212PT)
Must be currently enrolled in an accredited court reporting program at the 200 wpm speed level. If currently enrolled, a letter from the instructor is required as proof of enrollment.
CART CAPTIONER II (214PT)
Graduate of an accredited court reporting program and at least one (1) year of captioning or court reporting experience OR at least three (3) years of captioning or court reporting experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of NCRA (National Court Reporter Association) Code of Professional Conduct
- Knowledge of Registry of Interpreter for the Deaf Code of Ethics
- Knowledge of client class schedules
- Knowledge of transcription
- Dictation and note-taking skills
- Court reporting skills
- Ability to produce at least 225 words per minute of speed writing
- Ability to provide clean notes
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $23.40 - 26.29
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney