Nursing Skills Laboratory Coordinator
Shenandoah University’s Eleanor Wade Custer School of Nursing is accepting applications for a part-time Nursing Skills Laboratory Coordinator. This position will be located at the Scholar Plaza campus in Leesburg, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate faculty lab needs at the beginning and end of each semester
- Prepare all supplies and equipment for skills lab sessions as needed.
- Establish and maintain an “Open Lab” schedule each semester.
- Schedule and coordinate part-time skills lab instructors.
- Train and schedule work study/GA lab assistants.
- Maintain the laboratory environment.
- Conduct supply inventory each semester.
- Order lab equipment and supplies as needed
- Repair or coordinate the repair of lab equipment as required.
- Work closely with the simulation coordinator in the development and maintenance of a simulation-based schedule.
- Work closely with the course coordinators to orient, schedule and coordinate part-time faculty.
- Support simulated EHR enrollment and education for students and faculty.
- Serve as the resource person for faculty and students in any matter relating to the nursing lab.
- Establish and update laboratory policies and procedures.
- Promotes safe lab practice according to the campus learning lab guidelines.
- Remediate and retest students who have returned to the lab on the advice of their clinical faculty
- Coordinate with lab coordinator at other lab site (SPL or Winchester)
- MSN degree
- Experience with on-campus nursing lab settings
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.