Facilities Assistant – Part-Time
Shenandoah University’s Auxiliary Services Department is accepting applications for a part-time Facilities Assistant position. This position's shifts are evenings and weekends based out of our Northern Virginia Scholar Plaza (SPL) campus in Leesburg, VA.
- Serves as the initial contact for the campus; providing attentive customer service including but not limited to welcoming and greeting everyone, answering phones, and handling general facilities and office support for all SU community constituents and visitors.
- Maintains and exhibits a professional attitude and demeanor in all interactions with SU community constituents and visitors.
- Performs the opening and/or closing of the campus following the procedures outlined in the SOP. Performs multiple daily community walkthroughs throughout the campus and performs other safety/security duties as needed during the shift. Follows the protocol on securing the building and issuing ID badges and any appropriate access levels.
- Participates in training required for the position to include safety/security training and First Aid, as well as others that may be needed for the position. Assists during emergency drills and/or actual emergency events.
- Assists the Assistant Managers and performs miscellaneous tasks regarding the SPL community/property in a timely manner to ensure the campus is a safe, organized, and clean working and learning environment for all. Items may include guiding work study students, student activities, campus communication, classroom setup and breakdown, arrangements for events, and periodic spot checks of classroom and other student spaces.
- Available shifts are evenings and weekends.
- Must be dependable.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently. (This position requires the candidate to be the only front desk staff person on duty during their shift.)
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to perform small janitorial duties (replace paper towels, toilet paper, clean up spills, trash removal, etc)
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds and complete multiple daily community walk throughs throughout the various floors of the campus.
- Microsoft Office, Apple products, PC products.
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Leesburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Leesburg
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Leesburg
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Leesburg
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Leesburg