Library Resource Acquisition and Management Assistant
The Smith Library at Shenandoah University seeks a Resource Acquisition and Management Assistant to support the Resources Librarian. This is a full-time benefited position located in Winchester, VA.
- Orders, receives, and pays invoices in WorldShare Management Services (WMS) and the campus system.
- Evaluates bibliographic records for copy cataloging and physically processes materials for circulation.
- Provides essential support to the Resources Librarian in maintaining electronic and physical resources. While most work is online, this may include assisting with shelving, inventory, and weeding of the physical collection. Some moderate lifting is involved.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
The position requires a college degree or equivalent years of experience. A degree in business or accounting and previous library-related experience is preferred.
Experience and Background:
- Working knowledge of fund accounting, costing, bookkeeping, and general office procedures preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Computer experience: PC and Macintosh. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet searching, and e-mail protocol.
- Academic library experience preferred.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing technology.
- Comfortable performing multiple projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Detail oriented, well-organized, able to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Results-oriented; Ability to work both independently and with other members of college organizational structure.
This position reports to the Resource Librarian, who trains and coordinates resource-related projects and duties.
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester