Graduate Admissions Counselor/Sr. Graduate Admissions Counselor
Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions is accepting applications for a Graduate Admissions Counselor/Sr. Graduate Admissions Counselor. This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester Virginia.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Application File Management (For Assigned Territories):
- Counsel prospective students in assigned programs through the application process by communicating timely information.
- Meet with visiting prospective students in assigned academic department areas.
Ensure all applicants’ admission requirements are met and review documents to facilitate application completion.
- Prepare and deliver applications for review by academic departments, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of the delivery.
- Compare official transcripts to unofficial transcripts in order to check for accuracy.
Communication with Assigned Academic Departments:
- Develop positive relationships with assigned academic departments. Collaborate with those departments to recruit and provide seamless service to prospective students.
- Serve as liaison between prospective students and the appropriate academic departments and personnel.
- Enthusiastically and professionally represent the university at on and off campus recruitment events; maintaining a travel schedule that includes overnight, evening, and weekend events in both the fall and spring recruitment cycle.
- Coordinate with the Admissions Operations team to support and execute Conservatory audition days.
- Coordinate and support open house events for graduate programs.
- Prepare and deliver admissions presentations to large and small groups, as needed.
- Work with Associate Director and other members of senior staff to design and implement graduate student visit experience both on campus and virtually. (Sr. Counselor)
- Coordinate the implementation of targeted recruitment initiatives as assigned.
- Regularly review research, data, and trends that relate to the recruitment of graduate students.
- Identify and create outreach opportunities for recruiting students to assigned programs.
Leadership and Supervision (Sr. Counselor section):
- Coordinate with Assoc. Director and Graduate Admissions Specialist to implement work study training.
- Work with Admissions Specialists on a weekly basis to assign projects and tasks to student workers.
- Collaborate with Assoc. Director on training documentation and initiatives for professional staff.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college. Sr. Counselor - Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in higher education or office environment preferred; Sr. Counselor must have at least one year of experience in an admissions-specific role.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to utilize and learn numerous technology applications: Microsoft Office, as well as admissions technology in recruitment.
- Attention to details, ability to prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy office and the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Motivated and capable of using your own initiative.
- Ability and willingness to work evening hours, weekends and for overnight travel.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to pass a DMV check.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs into and out of a vehicle.
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester