Career Education & Event Coordinator
Shenandoah University’s Career & Professional Development department is accepting applications for a Career Education & Event Coordinator. This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester Virginia.
- Prepare and present educational programs to classes, clubs, and organizations
- Coordinate new programmatic initiatives with academic and athletic departments
- Plan and facilitate events such as networking receptions, etiquette dinners, panel discussions, etc.
- Collaborate with faculty/coaches and industry professionals to support and align program-specific workshops and events
- Enhance Graduate School preparation through counseling individual students and through workshops with academic departments
- Provide advice and education on resumes and cover letters, career resources, career options, interview techniques, networking, and effective job/internship search strategies
- Provide individual career guidance to students, alumni, and prospective students
- Administer and interpret career development assessments
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in Student Personnel or related field strongly preferred.
- One year experience in higher education including internships, practicums, etc.; some relevance to career counseling preferred; or student development in a higher education environment
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
At this time, SU is requiring that individuals within certain groups specifically those who have high levels of contact with others at the university or pose a greater risk to our community to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 1 for Fall 2021 or have at least the first dose by June 1 for groups that will be in person this summer (with full vaccination following as soon as possible), unless they have a SU-approved medical or religious exemption
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.