Campus Assistant Manager
Shenandoah University is accepting applications for a Campus Assistant Manager - Facilities. This is a full-time, benefited position located on our Scholar Plaza campus in Leesburg, Virginia.
This position manages ensures that the SPL campus is a safe, secure, clean, teaching and learning environment for all constituents. This position works in collaboration with the Department of Public Safety, the building management, vendors, the HPB & SPL Campus Manager, and the Campus Assistant Manager to support the functions of the position and campus community.
- Manage the campus facility, ensuring a clean, safe and secure learning environment for all constituents. Manage the space and equipment through periodic checks of the various spaces on campus.
- Perform and manage the setup and breakdown of furniture for classes and events.
- Manage and ensure front desk coverage during all operational hours at SPL, including the after hours on call process.
- Provide attentive customer service including but not limited to welcoming and greeting constituents and guests, answering questions and the phone when at the front desk.
- Supervise the part time facilities staff.
- Lead the safety and securities responsibilities and initiatives.
- 2-4 years experience with an Associate's degree or some college preferred.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively and work both as a team player and independently.
- Must have strong initiative, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Microsoft Office, Apple products, PC products.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
Physical Demands -
- Ability to lift and move 30 pounds and complete multiple daily community walk throughs throughout the various floors of the campus.
Work Environment -
- Participate in training required for the position to include safety/security training and First Aid, as well as others that may be needed for the position
Must be able to perform small janitorial duties (replace paper towels, toilet paper, clean up spills, trash removal, etc)
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
At this time, SU is requiring that individuals within certain groups specifically those who have high levels of contact with others at the university or pose a greater risk to our community to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 1 for Fall 2021 or have at least the first dose by June 1 for groups that will be in person this summer (with full vaccination following as soon as possible), unless they have a SU-approved medical or religious exemption
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Leesburg
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Leesburg
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Leesburg
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Leesburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Leesburg