Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Track & Field and Cross Country
Shenandoah University, an NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference is searching for qualified applicants for a full-time Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Track & Field and Cross Country. This is a 10-month/Full-time position with benefits located on our main campus in Winchester, VA.
The Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Track & Field and Cross Country will provide event specific coaching in T&F/XC and provide administrative assistance for the overall Men’s & Women’s T&F/XC program. The Assistant will be responsible for assisting with all phases of the team, displaying strong leadership in the assisting of managing a successful college T&F/XC program which will include: coaching, providing support for the head coach, scouting, recruiting, instructing, conditioning, arranging travel, tracking equipment, and meet management. The primary event focus of this position will be the throwing events.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to coach and direct student-athletes to a high level of success and to carry out assignments in a prompt and timely fashion.
- Skill in interpersonal communications sufficient to interact effectively with students, colleagues, faculty and staff.
- Ability to write effectively.
- Ability to travel to professional meetings and conferences as necessary.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with students, faculty, staff, administration, alumni, parents and community members.
The position will require evening, weekends and travel.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- At least 2 years prior college coaching, with experience at NCAA Division III preferred.
- USATF Level 1 certification preferred or USTFCCCA equivalent certifications.
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.