Idaho Job Corps Program Coordinator
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Excellent benefits, including retirement
This is a grant funded position and is subject to culminate by October 1, 2022, but may continue based on program success.
The Idaho Job Corp Program is funded through a grant made to the Idaho Dept. of Labor. North Idaho College is contracted with the Idaho Dept. of Labor to deliver programs and services outlined as grant deliverables for the five Northern counties of Idaho.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for oversight of the operational functions of the Idaho Jobs Corps services and program. This position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by developing and implementing processes and procedures to increase efficiency and success related to the day-to-day operation of the program. This position provides leadership to the operations team and serves as a central point of contact for internal and external customers in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters, including the supervision, oversight, and evaluation of staff.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Oversees the operation of efficient and effective delivery of the Job Corp Program.
- Responsible for oversight of the day to day operational functions of the Job Corps program, including workflow, customer service, registrations, marketing and promotions, logistics, enrollment, data and reporting, software management, finance and related program needs.
- Recommends solutions to work problems or issues of procedure or process that reduce operational effectiveness and works in cooperation with other business operations as needed.
- Develops and utilizes systems that assure consistent program management and quality control of all program operations and goals.
- Responsible for development, monitoring and administration of program budget.
- Provide effective supervision and evaluation of staff to include two case managers, an activities and health education coordinator, and a workforce consultant.
- Collaborate with the Idaho Job Corps Program Manager and other Department of Labor personnel on a regular basis.
- Provide information about Idaho Job Corps and conduct orientation and ongoing trainings for instructors and staff assigned to the Job Corps Project.
- Attend and actively participate in Job Corps meetings and trainings, as well other College meetings and department-wide planning activities.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Promote a positive environment that supports innovation, teamwork, creativity, and successful outcomes.
Education and Experience : Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Education or related field and a minimum of five years full-time related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required, i.e. an Associate's degree and seven years full-time related experience.
Required License and/or Certifications :
Valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated leadership experience including managing people, processes and systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of organizational effectiveness, operations management and implementing best practices.
• Knowledge of financial and budget management practices.
• Employ effective organizational, planning, and assessment skills. Must be detail orientated with the ability to multitask.
• Demonstrated project and program management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, diverse community environment.
• Demonstrated collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
• Well-developed creative and analytical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace.
• Ability to work in an unstructured environment with a high degree of independence.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
All application materials must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: May 28, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: June 18, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene