Dental Clinic Administrative Assistant
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: This non-benefited position works 14-18 hours per week with variable shifts including evenings.
This position serves as the point of contact for the public, patients, clinic employees, and students in the Dental Hygiene Program Clinics (Heritage Health site or Lewis-Clark State College site). This position will maintain the day-to-day operations of the dental clinic, and play an important role in communicating with patients, students, and employees.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Plans, organizes, and directs dental clinic activities.
- Organizes and maintains program files; helps maintain patient records.
- Ensures patient privacy according to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Ensures patient information is accurately recorded and updated, as necessary.
- Ensures patient’s payments are processed and documented.
- Acts as receptionist for the clinic: answers telephone, routes calls, makes appointments, greets patients, maintains patient flow.
- Collects fees, writes receipts, checks supplies against invoices, follows-up with purchase orders.
- Acts as a liaison between patients and their general dentists.
- Oversees infection control practices: monitors infection control procedures according to established standards for the clinic.
- In coordination with the program director, ensures students practice appropriate infection control.
- Trains and monitors students in their office assisting duties.
- Ensures that employees, students, and volunteers (dentists, hygienists, and non-licensed volunteers) are oriented to the clinic, including safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Oversees sterilization and asepsis procedures for all dental equipment and supplies in compliance with regulations to ensure patient safety.
- Anticipates needs and prepares equipment and supplies for the student dental hygienists and patients.
- Develops and maintains work schedules for clinical faculty to ensure smooth operation of the clinic.
- Manages and maintains clinic computer program and equipment.
- Manages, develops and maintains the clinic database of dental records and radiographs.
- Prepares computer forms for clinical use.
- Ensures copier and printers are maintained.
- Coordinates with the Health Professions Administrative Assistant to ensure supplies and equipment are ordered to ensure appropriate levels of stock are maintained.
- Ensures equipment is in working order and schedules repairs as needed.
- Tracks patient satisfaction surveys.
- Prepares clinic forms, maintenance requests, and supply requisitions.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Assists with special projects as directed.
- Runs various routine errands, as required, for the department/division.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attend meetings and events as required by North Idaho College and Heritage Health administration.
- Ability to work variable shifts including evenings.
Education and Experience : High school diploma and two years, full-time equivalent dental office experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone and copier.
• Proficient skills with Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook computer software required.
• Work as a team member to plan and accomplish goals.
• Always promote the welfare and best interest of students.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the college and the clinic.
• Understand and value the contributions of a diverse workforce.
• Represent the Dental Hygiene Program and the College in a professional manner.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
All application materials must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: May 28, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Dentistry Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene