Coordinator for Student Involvement
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Excellent benefits, including retirement
This position is responsible for the organization and implementation of Associated Students of North Idaho College (ASNIC) Clubs, ASNIC Student Events Board, and volunteer programs to enhance students’ knowledge, understanding and skills essential for academic success, personal development, civic engagement and the exercise of leadership.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assists with providing strategic direction and leadership for the following departments that provide student development and engagement opportunities: Student Events, volunteer programs, and ASNIC.
- Assists in the implementation of leadership competency initiatives and training for student programs.
- Assists in the supervision of ASNIC student leadership to include programs, events, budget development, inventory tracking, policy development and assessment of leadership programs and student learning outcomes.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and direction to students and staff within the ASNIC Student Government and related programs to enhance effectiveness.
- Supervises part-time and student staff including hiring, training and performance management.
- Coordinates programs related to ASNIC clubs and student events that create an environment in which students are offered leadership and engagement opportunities both on and off campus.
- Develops and manages Center for Volunteer and Community Engagement program and related activities, including developing relationships with community partners, selection of sites for student placement and monitoring sites and students after placement.
- Tracks, evaluates and develops VISTA program; supervises VISTA program staff.
- Develops positive and effective working relationships with campus partners to implement successful orientation, transition and engagement programming.
- Develops and maintains marketing and publications for ASNIC Student Government and its affiliate programs including print, web based, and social media platforms.
- Maintains and directs student engagement web-based solutions. Manages and utilizes appropriate databases to store and report on relevant involvement information.
- Facilitates student involvement modalities and mass communications to student populations.
- Ensures program activities are in line with intended learning outcomes to assess program effectiveness; develops/implements ongoing assessment though program evaluation and annual reports that includes recommendations for action based on participant and stakeholder feedback.
- Ensures program compliance with college policies and procedures in the areas of program planning, contract negotiation, fiscal management and facility use.
- Manages fiscal resources for applicable programs with general funds and student fee-based accounts.
- Engages in campus meetings and committees that pertain to the success of the department.
- Ensures that all aspects of risk management are maintained for participant safety in department programs, events and travel.
- Assists in the adjudication of conduct issues for student leaders and program participants.
- Maintains availability for consultation and travel outside of college business hours to address potential issues with student events and/or student travel that takes place in the evenings or on weekends.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years full-time related experience and/or training required.
Required License and/or Certifications :
Valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
• Highly proficient writing skills in order to develop marketing collateral, press releases, and communication to a wide range of audiences Ability to provide project management oversight including the use of supporting software packages
• Ability to manage complex budgets
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing complex materials to a wide range of audiences
• Ability to organize work efficiently, prioritize, and work independently with a wide range of tasks
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with campus partners including faculty, staff and students.
• Ability to write accurate and comprehensive reports
• Skill in time management and organizational capabilities
• Skill in advising student groups and risk assessment and mitigation
• Knowledge of student development theory
• Knowledge of higher education setting and working to increase student engagement and retention
• Ability to drive a 12-passenger van
• Ability to work nights and weekends particularly during peak orientation weeks is required
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
All application materials must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: May 28, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: June 11, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene