Research Data Staff
Job Code/Title 82751 - H - Labs/Research Assistant 1 Position Number HU0925 Working Title Research Data Staff Department SOESpecEd&DP: Dept Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $14-16/hour Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20-25 hours Normal work days M-F Normal work hours 9 AM - 4 PM Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The VCU School of Education welcomes diverse and qualified applicants for the BEST in CLASS Data Staff Research Assistant position, which will be working for an IES funded study. BEST in CLASS – Elementary is a federally funded by a research grant from the Institute of Education Sciences of the US Dept. of Education and housed at VCU . BEST in CLASS – Elementary, a Tier 2 intervention, targets the reduction of challenging behavior of young children at risk for emotional/behavioral disorders. The intervention is designed to enhance and support early childhood teachers’ use of effective instructional practices that can help support learning and prevent challenging behaviors. We are looking for motivated individuals with experience working in schools and/or collecting data to join our team.
· Work approximately 1020 hours per week, mostly mornings;
· Attend scheduled trainings and grant meetings;
· Assure treatment fidelity & follow all manualized procedures;
· Demonstrate independence and initiative in completing grant related responsibilities;
· Complete all tasks accurately and on time;
· Display professional conduct;
· Respond promptly to communications from participants and the grant management team;
· Maintain all materials and data in specified organizational format;
· Assist with additional grant related activities as necessary;
· Must have own transportation.
· Communicate effectively with teachers as well as the research team;
· Administer Assessments, which may include:;
· TeacherChild Direct Observation System, CARS ;
· Treatment Integrity Measures;
· Organize, code, and summarize observational data;
· Organize, conduct, and summarize interobserver agreement data;
· Maintain databases;
· Organize, clean, score, enter, and check data.
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail;
· Sufficient computer skills and comfort with Microsoft Word and Excel;
· Ability to multitask and learn new information;
· Professional attitude and ability to maintain confidentiality;
· Interpersonal skills;
· Demonstrated experience working in fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as an employee at VCU .
· Bachelors Degree is required;
· Experience working with REDCap or other data management software;
· Worked in classroom-based settings;
· Has collected/coded direct observation data.
Job Open Date 05/28/2021 Remove from posting on or before 06/25/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information
We intend to hire up to 5 applicants to this role.
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106220 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The School of Education values the following as our culture
statement, 'The School of Education (SOE) recognizes that trust
among all members of the SOE community is the foundation of a
positive work climate. Realizes that our wellbeing as an
institution depends upon the wellbeing of our members. Respects all
members, new and continuing, regardless of status. Values honest
communication and finding ways to respectfully address difficult
issues. Strives to listen without bias and search for common
understanding. Is committed to equity, fairness and a level playing
field for all of its members. Knows that the SOE community thrives,
because of diverse viewpoints and areas of expertise. Fosters
collaboration, collegiality and mutual support among all members of
its community.' Please describe ways in which you have worked to
foster this type of culture in the professional workplace or in
your everyday life.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a bachelors degree?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document