Senior Program Coordinator
Posting Number S01401 Position Title Senior Program Coordinator Internal Position Title Senior Program Coordinator Department Professional Development Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
Plans, implements, and coordinates short term courses that lead to career advancement after analyzing community needs. Develops excellence in open-enrollment, noncredit courses by identifying appropriate curriculum, supporting facilitators, recruiting students and managing all related systems for successful delivery.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communication/Liberal Arts, Business/Nonprofit Management
• A minimum of three years of experience in Education, Project Management, Human Resources and one year of supervisory experience.
• SKILLS : Project management, data analysis and management, technological proficiency (including Microsoft, Adobe, and PeopleSoft products). Communication, critical thinking, ability to work in diverse teams and independently, experience in education or training environments.
• WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
Ability to interact with public (internal/external) continuously. Ability to sit, walk, and stand frequently. Ability to bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist, lift 0-50 lbs., lift 50+ lbs., carry 0-50 lbs., carry 50+ lbs., and push 0-300 lbs. occasionally.
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English
Posting Date Closing Date 06/27/2021 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
Applicant will give a 10 minute presentation to be outlined by search committee prior to interview.
Pay Rate $47,488 Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Mon-Fri 8 am-4:30 pm.
Software Testing Required Powerpoint, Excel, MS Word, Outlook Interview Process Requirements Presentation EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Department Operations and Procedures (45%)
1) Plans, develops, coordinates, executes and evaluates open-enrollment, noncredit coursework advancing professional development opportunities within assigned industries.
2) Recruits, evaluates, trains and monitors instructors, ensuring adequate resources to achieve teaching and learning excellence. Provides individual student support and classroom management as needed.
3) Tracks enrollment in assigned programs, communicates additional marketing needs, evaluates financial requirements, reviews student feedback and determines inclusion of course in future semesters.
4) Obtains appropriate licensing, certification and approval of current and future programs from recognized boards and agencies empowered to establish and ensure training standards are met and maintained.
5) Manages implementation of scholarship, grant, and other financial opportunities for relevant programs. Reports on fund dispersal to granting institutions and College offices.
6) Maintains knowledge of all College policies, procedures, and appropriate technology systems to inform, evaluate and update internal processes.
Strategic Leadership and Planning (30%)
1) Analyzes workforce needs in the region, researches current education providers, determines viability within department and selects relevant curriculum or pertinent source of curriculum design.
2) Benchmarks current and developing programs while maintaining knowledge of training best practices in each assigned program area.
3) Conducts evaluations of student aspirations to inform creation of additional coursework or referral to existing College programs or employment partnerships.
4) Evaluates department systems, policies and procedures to better the use of products, services, tools and platforms to support progress towards goals.
5) Tracks and reports progress towards established department goals.
Project Leadership (25%)
1) Spearheads student recruitment through Information Sessions, representation at pertinent campus and community events, establishing and maintaining connections for direct advertising and advising department-wide marketing strategies.
2) Creates content for print and web advertising each semester, offers applicable access to department documentation and provides feedback from related stakeholders.
3) Establishes and upholds partnerships with relevant entities connected to current and planned programs. Offers direct engagement opportunities where applicable to assist students with advancing career aims.
4) Represents department on internal and external committees, boards and professional organizations upholding college values to represent the department and institution as a quality, equitable learning resource.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Education,
Communication/Liberal Arts, or Business/Nonprofit Management?
- * Do you have a minimum of three years of experience in
Education, Project Management, Human Resources and one year of
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1