Professional Development Instructor
University Code 19201 University Title Trainer/Instructor, General Administration University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Professional Development Instructor Position Number 592790 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Dean's Office Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Since its inception in 1996, VCU College of Engineering has brought innovative, real-world engineering education to Central Virginia. Comprised of five different departments plus the Dean’s office, the College of Engineering enrolls more than 1,700 undergraduate and 250 graduate students in several degree programs supported by approximately 550 full-time, part-time, and student employees.
The Engineering Career Services team invites applications for the position of Professional Development Instructor. The Professional Development Instructor will manage the Professional Development Education courses within the College of Engineering. Will develop and execute the course syllabus, manage the speaker schedule, deliver engaging and interactive class content, and assign grades for the courses. In addition, the instructor will provide career advising and guidance to engineering students. This position reports to the Director of Career Services.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s Degree with several years of experience and an emphasis on adult education, counseling, student affairs, or related field required.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written, oral, and non-verbal skills).
• Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning theory, workforce and career development theory, and individual and organizational change management theory.
• Demonstrated track record in assessing student
• Proficient with Learning Management Systems (Canvas, Blackboard)
• Ability to analyze and distill complex data to draw relevant conclusions.
• Proven ability to work independently or as part of a team, or to provide direct administrative support, as needed.
• The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
• Ability to clearly articulate team and University mission, vision, values, and goals.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Currently enrolled in, or completed a Master’s Degree program with emphasis on higher education, counseling, student affairs, or related fields is preferred.
• Previous experience in higher education, recruitment or related fields.
• Ability to assess and report student-learning outcomes.
• Experience with and understanding of adult learning theory, classroom management, and active/engaged learning
• Previous experience developing course syllabi.
• College level teaching experience is preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 hrs/wk Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 05/29/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Miscellaneous Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106503 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience in education and/or
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience in coordinating student
events such as open houses, workshops, and/or college and career
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please list your experience with career services, career
development, or human resources:
- Less than 6 months
- 6 months - less than 2 years
- 2 years - less than 5 years
- 5 or more years
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond