Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
This field only applies to Faculty
DT Finance & Accounting
Reporting to the Coordinator of Inventory Control, the Inventory Clerk provides clerical support in acquiring, tracking, controlling and disposing of the College’s fixed assets that adheres to city, state and federal guidelines to ensure sound management of the public’s asset investment. This position assists with maintenance of the College’s fixed asset database by generating and modifying asset records, assigning property tags, processing equipment transfer & disposal requests, and participating in scheduled physical inventories of College & Grant Funded controlled assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Follows College procedures & state guidelines for acquisition, maintenance, and disposition of fixed assets and associated asset records
• Locates, records, and enters new acquisitions, capitalized and controlled, to the fixed assets database. Information includes, asset numbers, type, category, description, location, manufacturer, model number, serial number, department ownership, purchase information (acquisition method, cost, and date), which includes entering additional information as required
• Communicates & manages relationships with all levels of the College (i.e. Faculty/staff, Directors, Presidents, etc.)
• Maintains fixed assets records by adding new acquisitions, reviewing and processing electronic equipment transfer requests, preparing and processing equipment disposal requests, and physical inventory review
• Calculates asset acquisition values from itemized invoices using mathematical computations, logical, analytical and deductive reasoning which includes Microsoft Excel forms to aid in computations
• Identifies and properly affixes asset tags to designated assets and controlled equipment. Replaces damaged asset tags as needed including the need to retain pending/pre-tagged asset files via Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Performs field inventories by physically locating and identifying assets and updating asset records within asset database utilizing mobile technology
• Compares inventories to office records and prepares shrinkage/loss reports to appropriate members of management
• Aids in locating missing assets, performs necessary equipment transfers and reconciles exceptions. Provides summaries and status reports of pending exceptions
• Verifies clerical computations against physical counts and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies
• Assists in organization of surplus property sales
• Ensures development of rapport and relationship with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions as required and appropriate for the role.
• Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive image to internal and external customers/stakeholders
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
• Attends the workplace regularly; reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the supervision of the Coordinator of Inventory Control
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma ( GED )
• Three (3) years of experience working with computerized systems
• Intermediate level of understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Experience managing fixed assets in a multi-campus college environment
• Experience with an online job order system (e.g., WebTMA)
• Familiarity with IT/Networking equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Familiarity with office and use of standard office equipment
• Adequate mathematic skills to do the calculations necessary for processing purchasing vouchers (multiplication, division, percentages)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to pay high attention to detail
• Ability to have strong organizational skills
• Balance multiple projects simultaneously
• Legible handwriting
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and colloboration software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth