Program Manager 1 - (STA007475)
Manages the day-to-day operations of a small or medium-sized university program or department. May supervise staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.
1. Plans and develops procedures for administering a small or medium-sized department or program.
2. Oversees program expenditures and ensures adherence to budget.
3. Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
4. May prepare or participate in the creation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
5. Reviews reports of budgets and activities. Prepares ad hoc reports as needed.
6. May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
7. Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
8. May serve as property custodian for the department.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Posting Information:
This position involves program management of the activities of the Department of Psychology's Genetic and Neurobehavioral Systems: Interdisciplinary Studies (GENESIS) Lab and its faculty director. Duties beyond the standard job description include coordination of travel, editing and proofreading documents, assistance with grant-related submissions, and budget planning.
Bachelors and no experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Degree and one year experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston