Program Manager 2 - (STA007477)
Manages the day-to-day operations of a large university program or department, including the supervision of staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a large or complex department or program.
- Manages fiscal activities, including procurement and budget analysis.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and activities.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.
Additional Information/Preferred Qualifications:
This is a general operations manager position. The candidate will oversee and manage department uniforms, radio programs and other department operations as needed.
- Prefer 3 years plus of general management or operations experience in facilities is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. However, will consider experience in lieu if education
- Experience with contract compliance a plus
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills
- Previous higher education experience a plus
Note: Please attach three (3) professional references with your application submission
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston