Executive Director of Undergrad Programs (College) - (STA007451)
Provides leadership and support for the academic affairs and student success operations in the McGovern College of the Arts.
- Manages a team of staff specialists in academic advising, admissions, recruitment, scholarships, and scheduling; supervises and prioritizes tasks and responsibilities for the Office of Academic Affairs and Student Success in the McGovern College.
- Directs undergraduate and graduate enrollment management.
- Oversees student affairs policy for the College. Directs, implements, and evaluates undergraduate and graduate academic advising, admissions, recruitment, schollarships, and class scheduling activities; oversees transfer credit petitions, grade change petitions, and applications for graduation.
- Works with College leadership, including directors of schools and programs, in strategic planning and implementation of curriculum development, instruction, catalog updates, transfer processing, annual student orientation, degree certification, commencement ceremonies, and overall student success plans.
- Serves as a primary resource for faculty and staff regarding curriculum development, policies, procedure, and implementation of student success measures.
- Creates, maintains and delivers data related to student cohorts, enrollment and retention trends, graduation rates, and and program needs.
- Acts as primary liaison, including on campus-wide administrative committees, with the the Office of Admissions, Office of the Registrar, Office of Financial Aid, and Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Student Success.
- Maintain a student advising case load.
- Travel occasionally to college admissions and recruitment fairs in support of the College's recruitment strategies.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required: masters degree; 5 years of direct, job-related, experience; excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; excellent organizational skills; prior managerial experience; and experience with Microsoft Office software suite. Preferred: academic advising experience; data management exeprience, including with software platforms Peoplesoft and EAB Navigate. Position shares a dotted-line report to the Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Student Success. Successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to take initiative and participate collaboratively in finding creative solutions to complex problems and processes.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related Master�s degree from a college or university.Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: cgarcia2194
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston