HRIS/HRIT Business Systems Analyst - Workday
HRIS/HRIT Business Systems Analyst - Workday
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
Human Resources is committed to building a talent focused organization and to providing best-in-class human resource expertise and customer responsive services that are aligned with Northeastern 2025. In short, HR's purpose is to make it easy to come to Northeastern and easy to be at Northeastern.
To meet the challenges of the university's continued growth and expansion, HRIT is looking for a qualified candidate who will contribute to the implementation of Workday, and improvement of various information technology applications for the HR department.
The ideal candidate is responsible for working with HR's functional areas and our customers in the colleges and divisions to design and implement Workday that improves the way we work and meet both regulatory and business requirements.
This position is responsible for providing functional support to expand the capabilities of the current systems and contribute to process improvements of the administration and support of the operation.
This position will play a pivotal role in the system development life cycle and consult with both functional areas and end users to evaluate business requirements, identify solution options and execute the implementation of these. You will work with all levels of the business, ensuring IT deliverables align with business requirements with measurable results and attention to Change Management; ensuring that changes are thoroughly and smoothly implemented, and that the lasting benefits of change are achieved.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for leading functional workstreams, providing project management oversight and executing on all phases of the project life cycle, including project planning and communication. In addition, the candidate will assist with planning and execution of the testing efforts including development of test cases, coordination between technical and business resources, and documentation of the testing results. In addition, the candidate with assist with change management activities including developing training materials and providing system support.
Must demonstrate excellent negotiation, analysis, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills. Must have the ability to interact with customers in a sensitive and diplomatic manner, maintaining positive relationships and building consensus on project goals.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
- Workday HCM experience preferred
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a business or technology
discipline or equivalent combination of education and
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis and systems
- 5+ years of experience in all phases of the Software
Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong business analytical and project management
- Sound judgment, excellent organization skills and ability to
work on multiple assignments simultaneously, prioritize work and
- Proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio and
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task in
a high-volume environment
- Proven ability to work in an execution-driven environment and
- Excellent organization, communication, and time management
skills, demonstrated ability to work across technical and business
- Experience using consulting skills and developing customer
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to
investigate information and draw conclusions
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending
and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer service
skills for effective communication with all employee
- Responds to requests with a service mindset
- Hands on style with strong problem-solving skills and a keen
attention to detail
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience
communicating with both technical and non-technical
- Professional presence; positive energy
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential
- Prior experience in higher education is a plus
- Familiarity with the following systems preferred: Banner HR or
similar HRMS, Applicant Tracking & Onboarding system, Time
& Attendance system.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/506574