Evansville Electrical Training Center
Job Opening Announcement
The Evansville Electrical Training Center (JATC) is now taking applications for the open Training Director position. The Evansville Electrical Training Center (JATC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit employer providing related classroom and on-the-job training to apprentices and journey-level electricians in the electrical construction industry. The Training Center is a registered apprenticeship program with approved standards.
Jointly, the Southern Indiana Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 16 fund and oversee the specific occupation of the 5-Year Inside Wireman Program, and the 4-Year Residential Wireman Program. The Board of Trustees is comprised of four (4) National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and Four (4) International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) members. The Training Director is responsible for the daily operations of the Evansville Electrical Training Center and reports to and is accountable to the Board in the administration of the Apprenticeship Program
The Training Director is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial statements, annual audits, budgets, IRS required filings, investments, expenditures, the monitoring, recording, and reporting to the board, knowledge of the Division of Building and Safety Apprenticeship rules in Indiana and Industries Apprenticeship Standards, understanding the importance of non-profit Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) of 1974 Trusts as applicable to jointly managed funds, and the recruitment efforts as related to state and federal EEO requirements. Applicants must be able to develop relationships with businesses, the signatory contractors, the local union, and community groups while assisting with the coordination and development of workforce training strategies and responsible for the administration of staff, students, and instructors.
In summary, The Training Director shall assume such responsibility and authority for the day-to-day operation of the apprenticeship and training programs as is delegated by the JATC. However, all governing responsibility for the apprenticeship program rests with the JATC—including interviewing, selecting and supervising apprentices and assuring full compliance with these Standards, the Affirmative Action Plan and the Selection Procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Details
- Organizational and leadership skills. Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects at once.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills are required.
- Teaching experience.
- Administrative experience.
- Knowledge of government regulations pertaining to apprenticeship & training
- Strong Leadership with innovative, assertive, and dedication to advancing the apprenticeship
- Creative problem solver with delegation skills
- Experience in Construction Supervision or management (Electrical supervision is a plus)
- Proficient computer experience including online navigation, data entry and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Driver’s License
Salary and Benefits:
- To be determined according to qualifications. This position includes full medical, dental and vision insurance, and Pension Contribution.
- Additional information regarding salary and benefits can inquired upon when submitting application.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Training Director shall act for and under the direction of the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee in the administration of the apprenticeship program.
- Reports directly to the Evansville Electrical Training Center
Board Trustees and Committee Members
- Provide oversight, guidance, and support to all staff, instructors, and apprentices:
- o Includes hiring, supervision, evaluation, and termination responsibilities.
- Prepares annual operating budget for presentation to the Board.
- Schedules annual fiscal year strategic planning session.
- Prepares monthly financial and cash flow reports.
- Adhere to, work within, and understand the regulations of the ERISA Act of 1974.
- Prepare Trust and JATC meeting agendas to communicate status of Training Center, staff, and apprenticeship.
- Work with local and state federal agencies to ensure compliance with required documentation and procedures.
- Report to local area Boards.
- Employer evaluations of apprentices.
- Visit local area employers and job sites as needed.
- Maintenance of all Training Center properties.
- Schedule training seminars for all staff, Trustees, instructors.
- Coordinate graduation activities.
- Outreach and recruitment.
- Schedule and administer National Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (NJATC) aptitude exam test and interviews.
- Assist and promote developing new labs and training.
- Actively recruit instructors for all levels of training.
- Advertise and promote Continuing Education Unit (CEU) classes.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation and interview process conducted by Board Trustees of the Evansville Electrical Training Center.
Deadline to Apply: June 7th, 2021
Start Date: September 1st, 2021
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing how you are qualified for this position to:
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Evansville Electrical Training Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in a Drug-Free Workplace Program. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, characteristics, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications in accordance with federal law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evansville
- Professional Fields Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evansville
- Vocational & Technical Fields Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evansville
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evansville
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evansville