Student Life - Manager of Wellness Education
The Student Life Division at St. Lawrence University is seeking a Manager of Wellness Education. The successful candidate will serve as a member of the Student Life leadership team and assists in the development, implementation, and assessment of our Student Wellbeing mission.
- Master’s degree required in public health, health promotion, community health, social work, education, higher education administration or counseling, psychology, or related field and five (5) years of progressive experience in higher education, public health, or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience with health education, health promotion, and wellness education.
- Understanding of emerging issues in higher education, particularly in wellness and health promotion.
- Applied understanding of student development and/or health promotion theories and practice, including the impact of student health and wellness on student success.
- Demonstrated intercultural competence, and a continuing commitment to advance equity, inclusion, and social justice practices in support of a diverse community.
- Experience supervising student staff members and/or advising student organizations.
- Impeccable integrity and ability to handle complex, sensitive, and confidential issues.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with all constituencies within the university community.
- Experience in developing and facilitating professional training for students, faculty, and staff.
- Strong organizational and program development skills.
- Experience with budget management and an understanding of how to use limited financial resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline and eight years of related experience
- Involved regionally or nationally in professional associations within higher education.
- Experience supervising professional staff members.
- Previous experience at a rural and/or liberal arts focused institution.
To view the complete position description and to apply please visit: http://employment.stlawu.edu. Review of applications will begin June 11, 2021 and may continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Earhagi Bradley, Vice President and Dean of Student Life, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality will be maintained, and references will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity, and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Canton
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Canton
- Health Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Canton
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Canton