Manager, Business Operations
The Manager, Business Operations has primary responsibility for managing the day to day business operations of the BCM anesthesiology division at Harris Health Ben Taub Hospital in collaboration with the Ben Taub Anesthesiology Service Chief. The Ben Taub anesthesia operations team assists in supporting the clinical, education, and research missions of the Ben Taub anesthesia division. Responsibilities of the incumbent include supervising the coordinator team (three direct reports) in support of faculty and trainees; coordinating with the department of anesthesiology business office; collaborating with the Chief of Anesthesiology; and participating in the administrative functions, to build and maintain an efficient and effective business operation at Ben Taub. The Manager, Business Operations, reports to the department administrator for Anesthesiology. This position is located at Ben Taub Hospital.
The successful candidate will have a desire to manage and mentor others, have exceptional communication skills written and verbal, be regarded as a team player and team builder, have strong and proven organizational skills, and have a personal drive to be their best.
Operations - 40%
- Oversee the daily operations of the division and implement changes and process improvements for optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee day-to-day administrative functions of the division, including coordinator support for faculty, residents, and trainees.
- Maintain the staffing plan and communicate changes to appropriate individuals or teams.
- Collaborate with the affiliate hospital(s) for reporting, business development, quality reporting, and related activities.
- Monitor clinical productivity reports and coordinate with the Anesthesiology Service Chief in addressing any needs or incentive opportunities.
- Primary liaison between the division and the department business office for finance, HR, faculty affairs, and credentialing.
- Manage the recruitment and onboarding processes for division faculty, coordinating with business office staff and following established department processes and procedures.
- Participate in the administration of the budget with the department finance officer.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of all work product.
- Coordinate the documentation and maintenance of workflows, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with physician scheduler maintain and optimize the provider schedule in QGenda, in consultation with the department business office.
- Develop and monitor reports for faculty activity using the scheduling software (QGenda) in collaboration with department business office resources.
- Coordinate with affiliate administration and staff to ensure the facilities and operations of the division are properly and fully supported.
- Participate in division faculty meetings, as needed, to implement new processes and procedures and meet the needs of a dynamic division.
Management - 30%
- Supervise three direct reports.
- Participate in weekly operations staff huddles for communication, improvement, and team building.
- Conduct the annual performance management review cycle for division staff and write performance reviews.
- Lead assigned staff in developing goals for the performance management process and monitors goal progress throughout the performance cycle through one-on-one meetings with staff.
- Monitor distribution of workload and assignment of projects and modifies as needed for a balanced team.
- Work with appropriate resources to address employee relations issues in a timely, confidential, and professional manner.
Administrative Coordination and Support - 10%
Strategic Planning - 10%
Special Projects - 10%
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Master's level education.
- Exceptional skillset in using Microsoft Excel to include, but not be limited to, use of functions, graphs, and pivot tables.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Epic EHR, SuccessFactors, Citrix Portal, HIM and QGenda (or similar clinical scheduling software).
- Previous work experience in academia, an academic medicine environment, or a clinical environment.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.