Admission Counselor / Assistant Director - Visitor Experience
Admission Counselor / Assistant Director - Visitor Experience - 502167
The University of Richmond's Admission Counselor / Assistant Director (AC/AD) is an integral contributor to the University's recruitment and admission activities including managing all aspects of recruitment within an assigned geographic region, representing the University to a wide and diverse audience, participating in the review and selection of candidates, and assisting with activities to enroll an increasingly diverse class. This position is directly responsible for the supervision of over 100 students who serve as campus tour guides welcoming over 24,000 students and family members to the office each year and engaging with prospective/admitted students virtually. This individual will also help/oversee in the planning and coordination of virtual programming for prospective and admitted students and families. This energetic professional will have the opportunity to learn the nuances of selective college admission through the mentorship of senior professionals in a progressive admission environment.
- Strong creative and professional writing skills with keen editing and attention to detail.
- Understanding of and appreciation for selective college admission process, as well as the strengths of an undergraduate liberal arts experience.
- Highly self-motivated and independent critical thinker and worker.
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities, creativity, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently coupled with excellent organizational skills and highest standards for accuracy.
- Critical thinker and worker with advanced problem-solving capabilities, creativity, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Persuasive oral communication skills, including excellent public speaking skills.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing.
- Must be able to lift boxes of up to 30 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to six weeks each semester.
Education & experience:
- A bachelor's degree required.
- Experience as an admission officer, student assistant, tour guide, or student ambassador in a university admission office is preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- Evening and weekend hours are required
SALARY STRUCTURE: Hiring Range $39,000 - $45,000 annually
(Admission Counselor level is on the lower end of the range whereas the Assistant Director would be higher on the range based on qualifications)
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond