Student Records Specialist 999255
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal art and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
The Office of the Registrar is seeking a Student Records Specialist. The Student Records Specialist serves as the primary contact for registration and schedule building related questions for all academic terms.
Specific job responsibilities may include the following:
- Evaluate and process degree checkouts and conferrals
- Process all substitutions and waiver requests and apply to the degree audit system
- Diploma printing and fulfillment
- Processing study abroad registrations and transfer credit
- Providing customer service to students, faculty, and staff in support of the services of the Office of the Registrar
- Ensuring accuracy of information received, processed, and reported.
- Working with academic records, including records of current students, past students and archived historical student records
- Supervising processing of requests for student records by student staff
- Operating and working within university policies and guidelines
- Assisting Registrar staff as needed with primary office deliverables
- Assisting with in-person, phone and email inquiries
Qualifications and Experience : The successful candidate will be attentive to detail and have the ability to function in a multi-tasked environment. They will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse community of students, faculty, and other staff members. The ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel extensively for correspondence and reports is essential. A bachelor’s degree and one year of prior experience working in higher education is required. Experience using Banner or other equivalent student information system is preferred.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
The Office of the Registrar strives to develop a deep understanding of and respect for diversity among students and colleagues. Therefore, we encourage applicants from individuals who may help us achieve this goal. To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by June 13, 2021 . Please include a brief statement in your cover letter indicating how you might support and contribute to Xavier University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati