Full-Time CIS Faculty
FULL TIME FACULTY
COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS (CIS)
Truman College is currently seeking a Full Time Faculty to teach Computer Information Systems for Fall 2021. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
You must demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process and the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed. You must model and teach the 'soft skills' that increase student's ability to earn certificates and degrees of economic value that will lead to career success.
- You are required to post your syllabi on BrightSpace and to enter your final grades online in PeopleSoft.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Maintain office hours.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Must be able to work in a multicultural environment that reflects our student body and embraces our vision and mission.
- Master's Degree in Information Technology/Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Possession of Industry recognized certifications is desired.
- Demonstration of programming knowledge, networking, business application software, database, web development, and/or data analysis is desired.
- Previous teaching experience is preferred.
- We prefer candidates with knowledge of the BrightSpace or similar Learning Management System.
To apply, please include:
- A cover letter specifying which discipline you are applying for.
- A copy of your current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A statement of your teaching philosophy.
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be provided at time of hire.)
- Two letters of recommendation.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!