Network Services Technician/Coordinator, Campus Network Services
The Network Services Technician/Coordinator performs highly skilled work in the operation, repair and preventive maintenance of academic and administrative computers and equipment throughout the campus. Analyze and determine how best to meet and support the computing needs of the campus and its community.
Job Details GroupBox1
Job FamilySTAFF - Support Non-Exempt (SNE)
Salary$25.47 - $31.84
DepartmentCampus Network Services
Reports ToDirector, Campus Network Services
Closing DateOpen Until Filled
FLSA StatusNon - Exempt
First Review Date
May 28, 2021Job Summary GroupBox1
The Network Services Technician/Coordinator performs highly skilled work in the operation, repair and preventive maintenance of academic and administrative computers and equipment throughout the campus. Analyze and determine how best to meet and support the computing needs of the campus and its community.Duties & Responsibilities GroupBox1
- Supports the operations of academic labs and administrative computing
- Supports multi-platform operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS x and Linux
- Creates and troubleshoots packaging, testing, and deployment of applications and operating systems
- Provides technical support and assistance to academic and/or administrative departments
- Troubleshoots and resolves computer-related desktop hardware, applications, and network connectivity
- Serves as liaison to academic and/or administrative departments in researching and implementing technology solutions that best fits their needs and the needs of the Campus
- Installs and maintains computer, printers, applications and other computing peripherals
- Performs preventive hardware and software maintenance
- Maintains accurate inventory of all hardware and software peripherals
- Researches and develops new technology for possible adoption
- Develops and maintains system and procedural documentation
- Provides end-user support and training on technical matters
- Trains and supervises other technical personnel
- Assists in supervising varied and multiple projects that may be assigned
- Supports the operations of the technologies deployed in classroom and learning environments
- Develops and maintains equipment documentation and provides productivity reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related area and four (4) years of experience in network administration, computer programming, computer maintenance and troubleshooting, or six (6) years of related experience and A+ certification or MCSE certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience in Active Directory, Virtualization technologies and Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 environment.
- Must have experience with multi-user operating systems and equipment.