Director of Student Health and Wellness
As the primary campus resource on all matters of student health and wellness, the Director of Student Health and Wellness is responsible for efficient operations of both the Student Health Center and the Student Counseling Center’s business office, assuring medical staff compliance with training and licensing requirements, and providing quality health education programs. The Director of Student Health and Wellness will play a strategic role in implementing an integrated model of physical and mental health care that aligns with a mission of student-centered holistic wellness.
- Establish strategic vision, administrative policies, procedures, and controls to assure the provision of high-quality health care and mental health care services to university students.
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of services and programs to ensure conformity to Niagara’s commitment to providing quality healthcare and mental healthcare in a student-centered facility.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate all medical, counseling, and wellness education staff.
- Ensure adequate staffing of clinics for provision of services.
- Conduct needs and outcomes assessments when appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of external regulations affecting health service and mental health service operations and ensure timely compliance with all government mandates related to health care.
- Pursue continued education and professional development and implement changes as appropriate.
- Serve on Crisis Response Team and obtain preparatory training.
- Create and implement policies, procedures, and programs based on trends and best practices in higher education.
- Direct all budget planning and preparation and resource management using sound medical and fiscal parameters.
- Collaborate with appropriate university personnel in reviewing ADA accommodation requests.
- Considered essential personnel which means that this position may be needed when the University is closed or in emergency situations as determined by the supervisor;
- Implement student outreach programs that foster healthy behaviors and lifestyles.
- Maintain confidentiality of information (including but not limited to: student and employee personal information, student grades, etc.), both during and after their employment with the University. Any question regarding the confidentiality of material should be referred to the supervisor. Any violation shall subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Assist and collaborate with other campus departments and community agencies on health-related matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
% of Time
80% Administrative duties including: maintain student health and counseling records and immunization requirements; preparing and administering departmental budgets; etc.
10% Staff Development
5% Provide health services clinical backup in the absence of R.N.
5% Collaborations with Student Affairs Office
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Proven skills in organizational planning, data collection, assessment, resource management, and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Comprehensive knowledge of trends and current best practices in college student healthcare
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with a wide range of internal and external constituencies.
- A clear understanding of factors that influence the health behavior of college-age students, as well as government mandates affecting service delivery and/or student's relationship with the university, such as OSHA/DEC regulations and student immunizations.
- Proven abilities in supervision, decision making, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to form strong working/collaborative relationships with students, faculty, and staff members while maintaining the highest ethical and professional standards;
- Excellent crisis management skills;
- Ability to work with a diverse student population;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to read and comprehend various forms, documentation, files, and information.
- Basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to be able to verify accuracy of purchase order items and costs and to prepare a departmental budget.
- Sufficient manual dexterity with proficiency to handle various medical procedures and office machines including but not limited to computer, keyboard, computer software applications, calculator, copy machine, and fax.
- Ability to receive telephone calls, respond to inquiries, and effectively communicate with others.
- Ability to receive telephone calls, respond to inquiries, and communicate with others with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to drive a personal or university vehicle for the purpose of university business on an occasional basis.
The functions of the position usually performed sitting but may require some amount of time standing. Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Tasks involving working on a computer keyboard, computer software applications, calculator, cutting, labeling, and taping involve the extensive wrist and hand movement. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without significant risk of injury to themselves or others.
- Master’s Degree in health sciences, counseling, business administration, or a closely related feel (such as health care management, public health, or social work).
This position has been identified as requiring a cell phone to fulfill job responsibilities and for other business purposes. Compliance with the University’s Employee Cell Phone for Business Use Policy is required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Business Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Health & Medicine Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Other Health & Medicine Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University