Adjunct Associate Degree Nursing Faculty
Adjunct Associate Degree Nursing Faculty
Department: Dean Nursing and Health Sciences
MassBay fosters educational excellence and academic success to prepare students for local and global citizenship, to meet critical workforce demands of communities, and to contribute to the region’s economic development.
Massachusetts Bay Community College values diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our community.
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs on three campuses in Wellesley Hills, Framingham, and Ashland, Massachusetts.
MassBay Community College seeks qualified part time instructors for the current and future semesters in the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
Faculty responsibilities includes supervising students in the laboratory setting and guidance in the improving nursing skills. Adjunct faculty are expected to deliver course materials in a learner-centered environment conductive to engaging students in the learning process. The faculty member in this position communicates consistently and effectively with students, faculty and administrators, and responds to communications within a 24 hour period of time. The faculty is responsible for managing this course through timely grading of laboratory skills, providing substantial student feedback with skills, and submission of attendance and grades.
Available Courses: Fall 2021
HL 110 Health Assessment and Skills Tuesday/Thursday 9 am – 12 pm
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrates knowledge of subject matter and an awareness of new developments in the field in order to update the approach to teaching or content;
- Integrates didactic content into the laboratory assignment for the student(s);
- Achieves consistently effective teaching performance as evidenced by achievement of student learning outcomes;
- Recognizes and addresses different learning styles in collaboration with course faculty;
- Communicates with course faculty on a regular basis to track student progress or to develop performance improvement plan to support student learning;
- In collaboration with course faculty, develops individualized interventions for students having difficulty to support student remediation in the laboratory setting;
- Provides feedback to course faculty on student preparedness regarding curriculum;
- Possesses a working knowledge of the MBCC ADN concept-based curriculum and the level of the participating students;
- Attend course-specific orientation on campus with Director of Nursing and course faculty;
- Participate in faculty mentoring as identified by Director of Nursing and course faculty;
- Other duties as assigned and in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement;
- Restocks laboratory supplies on the weekly basis.
Commitment to Equity:
- Support MassBay’s commitment to the Equity Agenda; collaborating with faculty, staff, and students on the College’s strategic initiatives dedicated to closing the equity gap related to student outcomes;
- Support MassBay’s commitment to being anti-racist; embracing a community free of bias and inequality;
- Engage in departmental systems and policy review with a critical lens toward equity, accessibility, inclusion, and universal design;
- Refine and deliver academic achievement center services that are culturally responsive and reflective of inclusive perspectives.
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
- Current unencumbered Massachusetts RN license;
- Minimum of 5 years of recent clinical practice in relevant area;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body;
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of teaching and assessment strategies to promote and evaluate student learning;
- Commitment to the community college nursing student;
- Demonstrated ability to use information technology effectively..
- Experience teaching in a concept-based curriculum;
- Community College experience.
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing preferred, or eligibility for waiver in accordance with 244 CMR 6.04(2)(b) https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2016/07/vv/244cmr604-2b.pdf
Salary Range: $62.97 - 71.81 Per Hour
Classification Type: Adjunct Faculty
Application Deadline: June 9, 2021, or thereafter until filled.
Position Type: Faculty
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org, (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Framingham
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Framingham
- Nursing Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Framingham
- Administrative Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Framingham
- Academic Affairs Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Framingham