General Manager of AUM Dining Services
Vacancy Number: S-00734 Position Title: General Manager of AUM Dining Services Classification Title: General Manager Department: Dining Services Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
AUM Campus Dining, within the Division of Campus/Auxiliary Services, at Auburn University at Montgomery is seeking a full-time General Manager of AUM Campus Dining Services. Reporting to the Senior Director of Campus Services, the General Manager of AUM Campus Dining Services is responsible for managing all aspects of AUM Dining Services including meal service, and the overall efficiency of the kitchen, Café, and special events catering. Responsible for overall supervision of all dining managers, dining staff, utility staff, cooks, and service staff (including training, evaluating, disciplining, and developing).
The General Manager:
• Manages the overall dining program including meal service/front of house and culinary/back of house program (menu development, preparation, service, delivery and financial).
• Responsible for the overall supervision and efficiency of dining managers, utility staff, cooks, and service staff (including recruiting, training, evaluating, and coaching). Supports supervision, direction, and efficiency of meal service with all dining staff.
• Manages the food service operation within budgetary parameters.
• Assures the dining program (meal service and nutrition clinical care) is in compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations and is provided with a hospitality focus.
• Provides dining service training for functions performed by Dining and all staff supporting dining programs.
• Contributes to the strategic goals and objectives of Auburn University at Montgomery.
• Lead programing efforts for AUM Campus Dining in partnership with other departments
• Fosters an environment that includes mentoring and development of all personnel and maintains a strong sense of team.
• Satisfies students, faculty, and staff with dining services including, but not limited to, the quality of food served, quality of service, and overall sanitation of the Dining Room, Café and Kitchen.
• Disciplines and develops all front of the house and back of the house managers and staff
• Ensures all student employees are properly trained (customer service and food safety), developed, and coached in accordance with student career development program
• Supervises organization and sanitation of dining rooms, kitchens, storage areas, loading docks and elevators.
• Ensures they and all staff work safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE ).
• Ensures the proper opening and closing of all food service operations.
• Purchases services and approved products from approved vendors.
• Ensures that food and supplies are inventoried, ordered, received and stored according to company standards.
• Coordinates special events catering needs in assigned areas.
• Ensures all services and programs are operated to AUM’s standards.
• Shows professional knowledge, proficiency, and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
• Effectively uses designated food service and other computer systems.
• Performs any duty requested by AUM administration to ensure the effective and efficient operation of AUM Dining Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to manage large dining room and kitchen that involves a large number of employees.
Employee will be required to work some weekends and holidays
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Supervises the Assistant General Manager, utility staff, cooks, and student workers (including training, evaluating and disciplining).
LANGUAGE SKILLS :
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS :
ServSafe Certified. Additional certifications required by federal, state and/or local regulations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walking, standing, bending, sitting, speaking, lifting, pushing, stooping, stretching, thinking, evaluating, instructing, calculating, writing, use of computer, learning new skills and information.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
A minimum of 3 years food service management experience with a Bachelors degree in Restaurant Management, Dietetics or Institutional Management, Business Management, Culinary Arts or a closely related degree.; 10 years food service management experience can be substituted for a Bachelors degree.
Food service management experience required, which includes but is not limited to production, service and sanitation.
Job Open Date: 05/27/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 108 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4756 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery