The College of Communication at Butler University is recruiting for an Administrative Specialist for the Associate Dean support, Strategic Communication and Communication and Media Studies Department. The ideal candidate will be have a desire to get to know our students and form key relationships with them as well as be helpful to our faculty and staff while supporting the two department chairs with administrative duties. This person will carry out duties and responsibilities with limited to no supervision, excellent attention to detail and thorough follow-through.
- Arrive on time to open and close office for daily
- Welcome and greet all visitors with pleasant and professional
- Maintain the reception area environment, to include aesthetics,
tidiness, and appropriate decorum (behavior)
- Responding and proactively assisting with inquires in a timely
- Proactively work to facilitate communication between visitors
and employees within the department
- Perform complex word processing tasks such as merging and
sorting, integrating text and graphics
- Manage correspondence for department operations
- Plan, set-up, monitor and tear-down of departmental events and
- Maintain professional and accurate records including
confidential reports and information both in electronic and written
- Submit and monitor work orders for office and department
- Pre pare and process requisitions, expense reports, invoices,
contracts and credit card statements
- Monitor, reconcile and generate reports for departmental
- Use spreadsheet and database software to create and maintain
various budget and personnel records
- Participate in a positive manner in the daily performance of
duties in which an environment of respect and cooperation is
fostered and demonstrated
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in creating a sense of support and welcome.
- High School diploma
- Some College coursework preferred
- T wo years of clerical and administrative support experience with experience in one or more of the following areas: maintaining records and files; preparing a variety of materials using a personal computer or word processor; assisting customers in completing forms and applications; and/or performing secretarial duties in support of professional staff .
Applications will be reviewed through July 12, 2021.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: May 27, 2021
Applications close: July 30, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis