Director of Assessment, Curriculum, and Distance Learning
Director of Assessment, Curriculum, and Distance Learning
The Director of Assessment, Curriculum, and Distance Learning is responsible for developing and overseeing the development of curriculum; online and distance learning, and assessment of credit programs and student learning at Washburn University Institute of Technology ( WIT ).
Essential Job Functions of Position
• Work with technical instructors to revise curriculum as necessary to ensure alignment; with state initiatives and accrediting/certifying bodies and organizations;
• Coordinate Advisory Board meetings in collaboration with Assistant/Associate Dean; keep repository of all board minutes; board member contact information;
• Coordinate and lead the Washburn Institute of Technology Curriculum Committee to ensure curricular changes are appropriately proposed, reviewed, and approved;
• Comply with regulatory requirements (i.e. Kansas Board of Regents and the Washburn University Board of Regents) pertaining to curriculum and work with the appropriate staff to ensure that Washburn Institute of Technology follows Higher Learning Commission ( HLC ) criteria;
• Coordinate articulation agreements with Washburn University;
• Work with staff to update the Washburn Institute of Technology website with updated curriculum information (i.e. syllabus, technical standards and cost sheets);
• Assist with the annual revision and update of the Washburn Institute of Technology Course catalog;
• Coordinate the Washburn Institute of Technology Assessment and Program Review Committee; manage the communication and paperwork necessary to ensure assessment plans are developed, reviewed and monitored;
• Responsible for directing and implementing the full range of online academic activities and duties necessary for the operation and ongoing development of online academic initiatives and programs;
• Support the implementation of new programs and innovative digital learning initiatives;
• Facilitate day-to-day operations, assessment. and management of tasks associated with online learning, including student records, enrollment and course scheduling;
• Provide oversight of instructors and technical support and training for online instruction and online course development;
• Develop and implement procedures associated with the online learning management system and other tools to ensure standardization among disciplines and courses; and
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
• Master’s degree in educational administration, educational leadership, assessment, curriculum and instruction or related field.
• Five years of teaching experience at the post-secondary or secondary level
• Three years of program or curriculum assessment experience
• Experience in online course development and/or teaching in an online environment.
• Demonstrated experience with one or more of the major Learning Management Systems (i.e. D2L, Canvas, Blackboard).
• Three years supervisory experience.
• Doctoral degree in educational administration, educational leadership, assessment, curriculum and instruction or related field.
• Employment experience in career and technical education ( CTE )
• Teaching experience at a community college or technical school
• At least two years of online course development and instruction Experience providing professional development to faculty relevant to both online and face-to-face instruction.
• Experience implementing distance-learning initiatives and/or creating a strategic vision for integrating new technologies for better learning outcomes for students.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
Monday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Tuesday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Wednesday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Thursday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Friday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in educational administration,
educational leadership, curriculum and instruction or related
- Will complete by June 2020
- * Do you have years of teaching experience at the
post-secondary or secondary level?
- * Do you have three years of program and curriculum assessment
- * How many years of supervisory experience do you have?
- 0 - None
- Less than a Year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- more than 7 years
- more than 10 years
- more than 15 years
- * Do you have experience in managing and developing courses in
a Learning Management System (LMS) such as D2L, Blackboard, Canvas
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka