Postdoctoral Associate - Immunology/Virology/Cancer Biology (74984)
The Bhaduri-McIntosh lab is seeking a motivated postdoctoral candidate to pursue a recently discovered link between the inflammasome, heterochromatin, and Epstein-Barr virus replication. This research combines standard molecular biology, immunology, genetic, and biochemical approaches as well as cutting edge approaches such as DNA fiber analysis, mass spectrometry, and iPOND to investigate host-pathogen relationships in separated populations of latent and lytically infected cells and patient-derived cells. The Bhaduri lab provides a highly supportive environment with ample opportunity for collaboration. This is combined with rigorous mentoring to create an individualized development plan to achieve the career goals of each team member.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and demonstrated creativity in prior publications.
Design and develop research projects with the Principal Investigator
Lead at least two independent research projects simultaneously alongside collaborative projects with other team members
Conduct experiments using a variety of techniques including qPCR, RT-qPCR, chromatin immunoprecipitation, cloning, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, Western blotting, FACS, virus mutagenesis, proximity ligation assays, iPOND, DNA molecular combing, mass spectrometry, transcriptomics, CRISPR-Cas9, etc. Perform data collection and analysis.
Initiate and maintain cell cultures
Prepare and maintain biological stocks
Maintain proper lab and experimental records, both digital and hard copy
Test, optimize, troubleshoot new and existing methods and techniques, and update protocols
Guide and train undergraduate and graduate student researchers
Prepare scientific results for publication in peer-reviewed journals and grant applications
Maintain laboratory equipment and order supplies as needed
Present results at internal and external meetings and scientific conferences
- Ph.D. degree (within 3 years) in biological sciences (e.g. molecular biology, cell biology, biophysics, biochemistry, biology, biomedical sciences, chemistry and related fields)
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and basic biology techniques including qPCR, RT-qPCR, chromatin immunoprecipitation, cloning, immunoprecipitation, fluorescence microscopy, and Western blotting
- At least two publications in English Scientific Journals.
- Experience in Virology, mass spectrometry, transcriptomics, CRISPR-Cas9, protein purification
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with computer languages.
Please upload a cover letter, most recent curriculum vitae, and three professional references with contact information or three letters of reference.
Review of applications will begin June 11, 2021 and will continue until filled.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/ .
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville