FULL-TIME, NON-TENURE TRACK, RENEWABLE FACULTY
Working Title FULL-TIME, NON-TENURE TRACK, RENEWABLE FACULTY Department School of Social Work Full Time or Part Time? Full Time Position Number TBD Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
Purpose of Position
The Social Work Program at NKU announces the availability of a Lecturer Position. This position is a full time, non- tenure track, renewable position. At the end of 5 years, an individual in this position is eligible for promotion to Lecturer II. This is a 12 month teaching assignment with oversight of child welfare programming.
The position begins August 2021 and is contingent upon available funding.
This position teaches across both BSW and MSW programs, teaching primarily Social Welfare Policy, Social Work and Community, and Research. Classes are taught face-to-face, hybrid, and in the online learning format.
This position teaches across both BSW and MSW programs. Classes are taught face-to-face, hybrid, and in the online learning format.
Required qualifications include:
1. An earned MSW from a CSWE accredited institution with at least 2 years of clinical experience.
2. Teaching interests in areas such as social work practice courses, field, and policy.
3. The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
4. Willingness to engage in collaborative relationships with community and potential community partners, and
5. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
6. Child Welfare experience
Preferred qualifications include
1. Teaching experience in the areas of social work practice courses, field, and policy.
2. Teaching experience in both BSW and MSW curriculums
The position has competitive salary with additional summer teaching opportunities.
Interested individuals should submit the following:
2. Letter of intent
3. Teaching philosophy
4. Curriculum vitae
5. Evidence of quality teaching
6. Contact information of three professional references
7. A statement of inclusions and diversity philosophy, and
8. Copies of graduate transcripts (unofficial accepted at this initial stage) to the following website:
Direct any questions to Dr. Megan Lindsey (firstname.lastname@example.org) BSW Program Director, Assistant Professor. The School of Social Work. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Any candidate offered this position is required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education Master's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree
Requisition Number 2021F536 Job Open Date 05/27/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10376 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of teaching style and effectiveness
- Teaching Philosophy
- Diversity Statement
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Humanities Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Philosophy Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport