Director, Community Relations and Solutions
Director, Community Relations and Solutions
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$90,000 – $144,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
The Director is a key partner to our campus(s) in leading all aspects of our focus on building and strengthening our
community and business connections within the communities we serve. This role is responsible for collaboratively driving the successful implementation of our local engagement strategies, through inclusive community involvement, integrated partnerships, ensuring critical connections, and influencing individuals and situations along the way. The Director, Community Relations and Solutions enhances and expands community-based partnerships with organizations committed to community service by responding to identified needs, interests, and expectations of community members and organizations by providing non-credit instruction and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Compassionate and bold leader with a drive to enact significant and positive impact for students and the communities we serve
• Strong leadership capabilities in the areas of influence, building strategic partnerships and alliances, creative thought leadership, with strong presence
• Knowledge of contemporary community and economic development principals
• Ability to create and manage effective business relationships and working partnerships related to career connected learning within our diverse community
• An innovator, capable of creating or seizing opportunities to improve service effectiveness and department outcomes as well as build strategic partnerships within the organization and community.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills; digitally savvy, with proven ability to conceptualize new and innovative ideas; entrepreneurial mind-set Intellectually curious, always willing to learn and take on new challenges with a flexible, can-do attitude
• Strong collaboration skills; works well in a highly matrixed organization, and with senior-level internal and external stakeholders
• Politically astute and tactful; attentive to the perspectives and competing interests of various internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced, accredited, and growth-oriented environment.
• Adaptable and reliable in face of conflict, crisis, or changing priorities.
• Ability to analyze problem situations, identify feasible solutions, and present recommendations in a concise, logical, and systematic manner.
• Demonstrates a fundamental respect for the dignity of others. Works collegially and is a proven team player.
• Demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion, valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members.
Understands and values quality improvement. Able to effectively address overlapping projects and
• Ability to partner with others across the college and externally to exchange information, collaborate on projects, share resources, etc. Proven success in following through and completing projects
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of college personnel
• Work well as a team member and independently
• Excellent organizational skill and must be able to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple tasks relating to concurrent projects.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, including previous experience giving effective
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituents in a diverse, multicultural college community
• Consistently provides excellent customer service
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master’s preferred) in related field. Official transcripts required.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in related field.
• Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
• Must have valid driver’s license if traveling to off-site locations.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assess the needs of the community to identify educational, civic, recreational, and cultural opportunities for service
• Work across Dallas College, the role is accountable for the growth of our business opportunities within the underserved communities and across diverse segments,
• Partner on the design, develop, and implementation of a customer and data-driven partnership strategy to effectively support the community involvement components of assigned campus/schools of…, with a bent towards innovative programs and solutions
• Identify key internal and external influencers, and ensures ongoing communication, buy-in and support every step of the way - with a focus on Dallas College culture and brand awareness, strength, and connections; leverage professional and personal networks to maximize existing relationships, and cultivate new ones
• Test and learn community best-practices within assigned Division; share those best-practices with peer group
• Partner with Campus presidents and Executive leaders regarding identifying potential solutions provided in response to identified needs for business and community
• Develop collaborative partnerships with community leaders and organizations to maintain and manage the provided learning solutions
• Serve as an advocate and community resource
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 27 May 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 11 Jun 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas