University Code 34114 University Title Senior Clinical Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Network Coordinator Position Number 584040 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Neurology Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
This position would serve as a network coordinator for the Translational Research Program in Muscular Dystrophy. In this role the individual would be required to provide project management expertise across multicenter network studies. For all clinical research studies assigned, the Clinical Research Coordinator is responsible for coordinating clinical research studies in a compliant and efficient manner. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), collaborate with all members of the clinical research team to ensure all federal, state, university, and protocol requirements are followed, institutional research objectives are met, and that ethical obligations are kept. Key responsibilities include:
• Demonstrated understanding of clinical research management duties from study initiation to close-out.
• Conduct clinical research activities as authorized by the Principal Investigator’s documented Delegation of Authority and Training Logs.
• Maintain current CITI credentials for Human Subjects Protections, Good Clinical Practice ( GCP ), Clinical Research Coordinator, plus additional sponsor GCP certifications as required.
• Understand and adhere to all IRB requirements, Human Subjects protection regulations, and all aspects of IRB approved protocols.
• Conduct all assigned activities in compliance with national, local, & institutional guidelines, according to all HIPAA, GCP, and other applicable requirements. Activities include coordinating: new study activation requirements, screening/enrolling participants, regulatory and compliance requirements, maintaining appropriate study documentation/records, and managing study data.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related 5+ years’ experience; Clinical Research Coordinator certification required ( CCRC, CCRP, CCRA . Must be able to complete mandatory competencies and certifications required by VCU, individual clinical trials, and the NIH Human Subject Protection training required by federal regulations for research. Communication skills, written and spoken are essential. Prior study management and/or neurological patient care experience preferred. Ability to work in a diverse environment is required.
Preferred Hiring Standards
Master’s Degree preferred, experience in human subjects research with participants with neurological disorders. RN, NP or LPN eligible for license in VA preferred or demonstrated clinical background preferred. Phlebotomy skills. Familiarity with REDCap database and video editing software. Experience administering validated survey instruments.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $75,000 - $85,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 05/26/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106381 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application